How often does your low tire pressure warning come on?

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
With the low profile tires do you have to fill up air all the time?
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
No, tires don’t magically lose air or you have a problem. Your pressures will drop some in the winter but it should not be a common problem. Fill once maybe twice and never worry the rest of winter

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
^^ What they said.

Also, if your TPMS sensor is saying to check your tire pressure, you may have to re-calibrate once or twice if you've validated your tires are at the right pressure. It's in your Vehicle settings.

But from what it sounds like, you might have a slow leak if you're actually having to fill up air a lot. See if a shop can check for an object in your tire now, to avoid any worse issues. Especially since most punctures can be patched super cheap, and are reliable.

OP
OP

rohnin

First Name
Iris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Are the tires covered under warranty?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The only times my TMPS sensor has gone off is with false positives, and in cooler climates too.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
Mine used to come on while I was driving but it was due to the dealer never properly setting the TPMS sensors. I thought I had a flat or leak but all of the tires were at the proper psi when I checked them.

Following the manual, you have to let the car sit for at least 3 hrs to let the tires cool down. Then go around and get all of the tires to the proper psi (I think it is 35 psi front, 33 psi on the back tires, but I can't look at the door jam of my car at the moment to confirm). Then turn on the car and do the TMPS Calibration through the head unit.

Once I did that, the TPMS indicator stopped coming on while I was driving. The temperature has ranged from 30 to 85 degrees as cold fronts have come through and I haven't had to add any air.

Htv_bruno

First Name
bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, 08 Mugen, 93 EG
Ive had my tmps light turn on randomly on me twice in one day.. i pulled over to check the psi level and they were all fine. i also calibrated both times.. the second time, it worked as it never went back on since.. this is prob like 3 months ago tho.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The only times my TMPS sensor has gone off is with false positives, and in cooler climates too.
The Type R has TPMS sensors? You sure? The other gen X Civics use an indirect monitoring system that monitors the rotational speed of the wheels. If they don't match, the light comes on. There's no actual air pressure monitoring.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
The Type R has TPMS sensors? You sure? The other gen X Civics use an indirect monitoring system that monitors the rotational speed of the wheels. If they don't match, the light comes on. There's no actual air pressure monitoring.
The Type R has a TPMS system that is indirect monitoring as you state. Honda calls it TPMS, because it IS a tire pressure monitoring system. Semantics, heh!

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Mine went on when the dealership didn't properly set the pressure right after delivery. It was still at 48/50psi. Take it with a grain of salt I guess with what happened to me. It is now sitting at 36/38 and been doing much better. My weather also haven't been insane morning to late afternoon, so that might be helping too.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine's been on since I swapped to my 18" wheels with all season tires. I really need to get my tire pressures checked, but the roads have been so nasty lately I've just been driving the Corolla every day.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I really wonder if getting a TPMS that sits on your dashboard with bluetooth valve caps are worth the stress in this case...

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
Does the Honda civic touring 2018 has those tire sensor
I would think that it does. The civic manual is for the whole civic family, not just the Type R. It will designate the differences by saying "for the 2.0 L engine models only" if it was specific to the Type R. It has the way to do the tire calibration with "models with color audio system" as well as a section for "Models with driver information interface" and "Models with Display Audio." You should be able to find your version.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I would think that it does. The civic manual is for the whole civic family, not just the Type R. It will designate the differences by saying "for the 2.0 L engine models only" if it was specific to the Type R. The only thing that might be different would be the PSI that you need to set the tires to since the Touring has a different set of wheels/tires.
Considering the Type R owner manual is the 5-door Hatchback manual, yeah all of them should have the same style of TPMS sensor. However, the manual also mentions the TPMS only exists on the US versions.
Sponsored