How often does trans, brake, and coolant need to be replaced.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Just looking for ideas on when to change:
1. Transmission fluid
2.coolant
3. Brake fluid

Also any other fluids I may need to change in the future. Only got 1,500 miles on it but trying to keep track of it early. Does MM alert you to these changes?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just looking for ideas on when to change:
1. Transmission fluid
2.coolant
3. Brake fluid

Also any other fluids I may need to change in the future. Only got 1,500 miles on it but trying to keep track of it early. Does MM alert you to these changes?
Here is my schedule:

Every 7500 miles - Oil + Oil Filter
Every 15000 miles - Air Filter and Cabin Filter
Every 30000 miles - Transmission
Every 60000 miles - Brake fluid and Coolant

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I never change what you ask ( 1,2,3 ) on our family previous cars ( few cars over years ). All manual ( MTB)
We kept those cars more than 10 year, one with 15 years and all with more than 125 K miles. They work fine when we sell them .
They where not Honda. :hmm:

With our two Civic now, I don't know what I'll do. Probably same

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I never change what you ask ( 1,2,3 ) on our family previous cars ( few cars over years ). All manual ( MTB)
We kept those cars more than 10 year, one with 15 years and all with more than 125 K miles. They work fine when we sell them .
They where not Honda. :hmm:

With our two Civic now, I don't know what I'll do. Probably same
Well my 97 civic is on its last leg and I’m certain it’s bevause of lack of maintenance because it only had 144k on it. My aunt has two civics with over 200k on them and they still have them. Technically you can keep a car running as long as you keep replacing stuff but over time certain minor things are gonna cause other stuff to fail. Idle faults, hesitations, and then downright failure. So keeping stuff clean now Is the best way to keep maintemce costs down later. I had to replace the gas lines, entire exhaust system, and most recently the manifold and cat because it’s been cracked for years and I just found out. I don’t wanna do that before 200k from now on.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well my 97 civic is on its last leg and I’m certain it’s bevause of lack of maintenance because it only had 144k on it. My aunt has two civics with over 200k on them and they still have them. Technically you can keep a car running as long as you keep replacing stuff but over time certain minor things are gonna cause other stuff to fail. Idle faults, hesitations, and then downright failure. So keeping stuff clean now Is the best way to keep maintemce costs down later. I had to replace the gas lines, entire exhaust system, and most recently the manifold and cat because it’s been cracked for years and I just found out. I don’t wanna do that before 200k from now on.
You write ;

"I had to replace the gas lines, entire exhaust system, and most recently the manifold and cat because it’s been cracked for years and I just found out"

What is the relation with brake or MTB oil change ?
Sponsored