Link

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I’ve only ever seen one in the last year in or around Santa Clara. I commute from south San fransisco and spend many weekends in Santa Cruz and Monterey and so far have been the only one on the road. Only had mine for a few weeks but have been looking for one since the 2017s came out so they’ve been on my radar. The one I saw was like around June it was grey and it was turning onto Lawrence. Other than I’ve only seen mine. And judging by the looks and pictures taken of mine on the freeway and gas stations last few weeks I’m assuming they aren’t out as often as I am. But I know they are here cause the dealers sell them the same day they get them in every time for fat markups so they’re hiding somewhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP

busta00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2009 caravan, 2018 edge, 2018 F-pace
Country flag
@Link I live in South City, there are 3 in south city that i know of 4 know that i count you. I have a CBP, there is a red one 6 blocks from me and I see a CW one on El Camino all the time by the Sees candies

RurouniKirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Integra GSR, 2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
i live in San Diego and its very rare for me. Best chance for a sighting is weekends, which makes sense as this is also my weekend car.
I’m from North County and during the weekends I usually see 2 a Crystal Black Pearl & Championship White. Now, since I have my own CTR I don’t see those 2 CTRs. I see more Ford Focus RS and Subaru WRX STi. I hope the owners of them 2 CTR didn’t swap cars because now I feel the only CTR in my area

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I hardly see any in the wild. Most I see are:
1) at the dealer or
2) at a cars and coffee.

Sad really.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
i see more gtrs r32/r34/r35 around here then a ctr lol
i do see another white one in town sometimes.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I've seen maybe 3-4 on different days in my area. PMMs, CWs, etc. I also work with two other CTR owners.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
The first one I saw was a Polished Metal Metallic one that parked in our parking garage for about a week. I didn't know the car had been released then and haven't seen it since. Then I had one fly around me on the highway into work (not sure the color, but I saw the wing and tri tipped exhaust), saw a CW one when I stopped by my local dealership to get off the CTR waiting list and then I see a Aegean Blue Metallic one parked along the highway on the way home from time to time. Have yet to see the CBP or RR yet.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Still never seen another R in the wild in NW Atlanta.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I just drove about 500 miles across north carolina hitting all the cities. Asheville, hickory, Greensboro, winston Salem, Durham, Raleigh, wilmington.... not one. Didn't see one. But that's one reason I bought it. I like having a car that when you go somewhere there is not 14 others in the parking lot. In my town of asheville nc I know there are 3 or 4 others but I have never seen them out. I have seen like 20 stingers, countless focus, Subaru, velosters. Like I said not having one every other stop light was one reason I bought it.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I've seen 4 in the wild (other than mine) 2 CWs, 1 PMM (on the way home from buying mine) and an RR. I kinda like mine being rare in my area of Bradenton FL.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I have seen 2 in the entire time I have had mine, and that was a few months ago.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I've seen 3 total in my area (Raleigh/Cary, NC). There was a CW I used to see in Cary fairly often at a shopping center but I haven't seen it in months. Saw a black one the day before I bought mine and then a PMM one yesterday while I was stuck in traffic on my way to work.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I've seen 3 total in my area (Raleigh/Cary, NC). There was a CW I used to see in Cary fairly often at a shopping center but I haven't seen it in months. Saw a black one the day before I bought mine and then a PMM one yesterday while I was stuck in traffic on my way to work.
I was driving through that area about 9 am ish on i-40 west yesterday heading back home from wilmington in my pmm R and was in traffic. Wonder if was me you saw?
Sponsored