How often do you guys wash your Civic?

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
How often and how long right after you got it did you wait before giving it it's first wash.
Sponsored

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No reason to wait before a new car gets its first wash. If it's dirty wash it. It only took a couple of days before I washed my new Civic. I tend to watch the weather. If I'm going to spend an hour or so washing a car I like to know it will stay clean for a few days. I'm lucky, being retired I can be very flexible in wash days.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iideally I'd do it every week, time and weather permitting. IMO there's no point spending the time washing the car if it's gonna rain later on that day.

Since there's a good chance of rain everyday for the next 7-10 days...it may be well into May before I get to it lol. Such is life.

evildoer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed MSM
I washed mine the next day I got it lol. I give my car a waterless carwash in my garage once a week with Chemical Guys Ecosmart. It's my first time using this product and I gotta say this stuff is pretty damn good! For $20 you get at least 16 washes out of it, if not more. Its also perfect for spot cleaning and removing bird doo doo. But when my car is really dirty, I'll give it a real wash and blast it with my foam gun, then do the two bucket method. :thumbsup:

Edit: I forgot to mention, there's other guys here in the forums that use CG Ecosmart and love it.

Last edited:

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
I try every other week, but with this weird weather we've been having its been pointless. She basically gets dirty the day after a wash>_>. I also have to drive by the 91/15 intersection everyday to and from work and there is so much dirt/dust from the construction v_v.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
I try every other week, but with this weird weather we've been having its been pointless. She basically gets dirty the day after a wash>_>. I also have to drive by the 91/15 intersection everyday to and from work and there is so much dirt/dust from the construction v_v.
Ah I see you go to the giant parking lot every day!

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Ah I see you go to the giant parking lot every day!
Lol nah I work 3-12 shift, so no parking lot for me ^_^ well except for the nights that they shut down the freeway or most of the freeway for construction purposes. Those nights are brutal.

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Lol nah I work 3-12 shift, so no parking lot for me ^_^ well except for the nights that they shut down the freeway or most of the freeway for construction purposes. Those nights are brutal.
I drive up and down the Cajon pass everyday so, I feel your pain!

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
Just came up the cajon 5 mins ago lol,,, iwash mine 4x a year! (about every 15k miles) That's why I only buy silver cars!

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
First wash after 3 days because of stupid sprinkler.

I have it washed and waxed probably every other month; otherwise it's just too much of an expense.

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Once a week via rinseless wash. Works like a charm!
Sponsored