How much you guys paid for tint???

Prodigy71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4 , GTI
Country flag
just wondering how much you guys paid for tint on your type r? I was quoted around 260 for every window and hatch. Just wanted to see if this is a good price
Sponsored

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Depends on what you want done and what quality of tint you want as well as how reputable of a shop you go to.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
About $430 (tax inclusive) for ceramic which also included front windshield.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
It was the only dealer add on that was done so it was already tinted when I bought the car.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About $300 for ceramic tint. Well worth it.

Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
I paid around 250. I have 5% tint all around except my front windshield and the entire windshield is Airblue which is 80% tint or something (basically clear).

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I paid around $300 for xpel ceramic tint. Good stuff!! Make sure you go to a place that doesn't have to take your wing apart to install!!

driv300mph

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey CTR (#22412 of ???), 2011 Lotus Exige S260 (#19 of 30)
Country flag
I paid around $300 for xpel ceramic tint. Good stuff!! Make sure you go to a place that doesn't have to take your wing apart to install!!
Wouldn't removing the spoiler allow for a more thorough job? If it's typically required, I wouldn't think you'd want someone that shortcuts.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wouldn't removing the spoiler allow for a more thorough job? If it's typically required, I wouldn't think you'd want someone that shortcuts.
The shop I used had already done a few CTRs so they had the pattern already cut for the back window. This allowed them to do the job without removing the spoiler. I had just heard that some places were charging alot extra for that extra step. I just know in my case I'd rather avoid things having to be removed from the car if at all possible. They did a great job though I was very happy.

Honda Civic 10th gen How much you guys paid for tint??? 20181223_101525

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
The shop I used had already done a few CTRs so they had the pattern already cut for the back window. This allowed them to do the job without removing the spoiler. I had just heard that some places were charging alot extra for that extra step. I just know in my case I'd rather avoid things having to be removed from the car if at all possible. They did a great job though I was very happy.

20181223_101525.jpg
Did the place also have an extra rear glass to heat shrink the film on because that's why most places say either remove the spoiler or it will be done in multiple pieces.

I did the spoiler removal at home so I could know it was done carefully/correctly and put back together correctly after the tint was done.

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
$320 for all windows including the windshield. Laser/plotter cut so no razors were used and the back window was done in one piece without removing the wing.

All windows were done in 3M Ceramic and windshield was done in 3M Pinnacle.

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Wow, these are all very cheap. In the bay area it's quite expensive. I haven't done my CTR yet, but a family member's station wagon was like $700. The station wagon has more windows and I won't do anything but 3m crystalline, so that's part of it.

Aside: I like seeing out my windows at night, I don't like the look of tint, and I think it makes it look like you have something to hide, which isn't a good thing when getting pulled over. 3m crystalline allows you to block a lot of heat without having it be dark. It works because it blocks the infrared light, which is the light that transmits heat, without blocking visible light, so the 3m crystalline 70% is very cool (temperature wise), which is what I got for my family member's car. I'm going to do 90% for my CTR.

Last edited:

creativedesignz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow, these are all very cheap. In the bay area it's quite expensive. I haven't done my CTR yet, but a family member's station wagon was like $700. The station wagon has more windows and I won't do anything by 3m crystalline, so that's part of it.

Aside: I like seeing out my windows at night, I don't like the look of tint, and I think it makes it look like you have something to hide, which isn't a good thing when getting pulled over. 3m crystalline allows you to block a lot of heat without having it be dark. It works because it blocks the infrared light, which is the light that transmits heat, without blocking visible light, so the 3m crystalline 70% is very cool (temperature wise), which is what I got for my family member's car. I'm going to do 90% for my CTR.
Quality of tint matters significantly. To go from Ceramic to Pinnacle for the entire car literally doubled the cost. Plus a station wagon not only has more windows but it has larger windows as well. Not really comparing apples to apples.
Sponsored