How much will a PRL downpipe affect emissions?

Valkyria90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I am concidering buying the street version of the PRL Downpipe/Frontpipe combo:
https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxstreetdownpipefrontpipe.aspx

In my country, there are very draconic laws about modifying cars beyond stock, especially anything related to emissions. I'm therefor a bit wary about ordering the somewhat pricey PRL downpipe, because if the lighter cat will increase emissions beyond a certain point, my car will not pass inspection. Obviously changing the pipe back and forth every time I go in for an inspection is an option, but not something I want to do.

Does anyone have any experience with the PRL downpipe and how much it will affect the emissions? Especially the CO2 emissions.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If your country uses a sniffer test, where they actually measure the exhaust gas, I would say you will fail as even a hi flow street cat is much less efficient than what comes in a stock catalytic converter.

I would say either don't risk it, get the catless and switch before inspections (if you have to switch anyway, why not?), Or try and look into modular options where you can add/remove the cat portion at will. Unsure if that exists for our platform yet but I have heard of them.