How much should I look at for repairs?

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
I am looking to get my car repaired after a small bump in a parking lot and just needed some estimates. All the body shops are quoting me around 3000 dollars. I have a picture attached.
Someone please throw me some estimates and tell me if I am being ripped off. I checked like 3 body shops in my area. Dumbfounded how that could cost that much..Everyone is asking if I was at fault. No it was not me, was a lady in an acadia.

Honda Civic 10th gen How much should I look at for repairs? IMG_0952.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

D Money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know absolutely nothing about repairs so take this with a grain of salt but that seems expensive. Try going to a mom and pop shop owned by minorities to get a better deal

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
If your ok with the scratches you can easily pop that back out, I'm certain if you take out the protection underneath and put a bit of heat on it while pushing at the other side it should just pop out. I've had this happen to my old civic and that worked for me.

I've seen a small suction cup work also.

Try this

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Easily will cost you $3000 to fix that. The quarter panel is about the worst spot on a car to get damaged, especially a coupe. Not trying to be a downer, but a heat gun won't do jack shit in your case, it might help a bit I guess, but I won't fix your problem. Shop around, but go to a reputable shop. Good luck and sorry to hear about your bad luck..

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to get my car repaired after a small bump in a parking lot and just needed some estimates. All the body shops are quoting me around 3000 dollars. I have a picture attached.
Someone please throw me some estimates and tell me if I am being ripped off. I checked like 3 body shops in my area. Dumbfounded how that could cost that much..

IMG_0952.JPG
try to heat it up and pop it back out... i've seen worse and YES even on a coupe... goodluck bro

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
Look into Paintless Dent Repair. They did an amazing job for me, and it comes out to a fraction of the price. The scratches will unfortunately still be there but at least the dent will be taken care of. You can also run your finger nail over the scratch and see if it catches the scratch to determine if it's deep or can be buffed out.
Also, do not bother trying to pop it back up. You are flexing the metal and the paint near the dented area. It will not only look wavy, but it won't be good anywhere near what Paintless dent repair can accomplish.

Last edited:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would definitely see what paintless dent repair can do for you.

To sum up what would have to be done to fix that at a body shop for that $3000.

They have to pop the metal back out, hammer out any high/low spots (which takes a while), level it off with body filler, paint and blend almost the entire side of that car. TON of work to repair a quarter panel. It's the only body work on a car that cannot be replaced with bolts.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PDR can do some amazing work. I've had it done on my previous cars and always been impressed.

Find a reputable PDR shop in your area and check out their reviews and work and go from there. Good luck!

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@kyle7000 PDR, it should cost about $500. They can also buff out the scratches near the fender, it doesn't look like it needs paint.

I had a huge indent on my hood in my previous car, pickup truck backed into it. Almost as big as yours- $300 in PDR. Looked 100%, black paint too.

goodra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
The paint will likely crack when the dent is popped out. If it does, the car will need paint and blend. It can get up to $3000 if your shop has really high labor rates.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T
@kyle7000 PDR, it should cost about $500. They can also buff out the scratches near the fender, it doesn't look like it needs paint.

I had a huge indent on my hood in my previous car, pickup truck backed into it. Almost as big as yours- $300 in PDR. Looked 100%, black paint too.
How did you find a paintless dent repair shop? I'm looking all over fort Smith Arkansas and cant find any..

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you find a paintless dent repair shop? I'm looking all over fort Smith Arkansas and cant find any..
Seriously? Google "paintless dent repair and (your town)" and that should come up with something.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@kyle7000
Honda Civic 10th gen How much should I look at for repairs? Screenshot_20160723-234218

I went to a Dent Doctor franchise here. Lots of great reviews of the shop owner. Quoted $325, rounded down to $300.
Sponsored