Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I must say the Civic is incredible. And if you get more response with the KTUNER so much the better. But stock is not all that bad. Just my experience. Then of course, not sure I want to void the warranty, which is what 3 years? And I normally trade in 5? Time will tell.
The bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years. Powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60k miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
The bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years. Powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60k miles.
Wow. And I trade every 5 years. Ouch! Maybe the Civic is good for more than 88K? At least I should be able to afford the repairs. Not that I could not afford the luxury cars such as BMW but at a point why? Some drive them to impress others. Me, I impress myself. I like the Civic and yes I could afford much more but why? I hope with routine maintenance I should be good. Civic appears to have stood the test of time. Reliable. I hope so.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
You missed the civic at the bottom of your list:

HONDA CIVIC: 125 MPH

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I don't have a sport touring, just a sport, but I feel like the factory performance is enough for me at the moment. I've moved from a full size pick up to the Civic so it already feels quicker and I like it quite a bit.

I use econ for long distances and keep it in D for normal use. I put it into S once and the responsiveness weirded me out. Not in a bad way, I've just never had a throttle respond that quickly. I'll get a Ktuner if I ever get used to and then bored with the factory performance, which may not happen at all.

The only mods I have planned are tint at some point, and changing the halogen lights for something else.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I apply here the principle of rationing the gratification, which is related to “delayed gratification”, but not quite. It is not because so-called “instant gratification” is not virtuous or sinful, it’s because it doesn’t work well for me.

I could have bought myself a Porsche already some time ago, but if I did, by now I would be used to and bored with that car. I would have to either spend much more money to get a significantly more entertaining ride, which I might not be able to afford, or find another source of satisfaction.

It is much better to buy a Honda Civic HB Sport Touring, which as a stock car is already sportier than any car I had before, is tempting to drive way too fast and risky (in the sense of getting tickets) and has a number of gadgets that take some time to explore and enjoy.

After several months I stopped driving in the Econ mode for a new level of quickness and less oil dilution. With more use of the auto paddles in D drive. Then I will explore more driving in S drive without and then with all manual paddles. Then I will get on a succession of Ktuner tunes and collect some serious traffic violations plus enraged pimped-up pickup drivers. Then I will trade in for a CTR, bolt on a huge turbo, and so on...

So much enjoyment for years for so little money. :spaz: If I got that Porsche ten years ago I would have lost all that. By now I would be blasé, bored :drool:and trying to save money for a Lamborghini, so my wife would have divorced me and I would end up depressed and on heroin... :drool: Instead, as it is now, that Porshe or AMG is still ahead of me.:yes:

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
I really like fun driving, somehow Honda has always engineered the fun part without spending a whole lot. With Ktuner it's totally up to you how much more fun of the 1.5T you want let loose.
Sponsored