Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
So how much power do you need? Nitro Boost like at the track? 0-60 too slow? No acceleration? What is your benchmark? With options have you added and how do you know you have enough speed? What cars are you comparing to the Civic? Has your mods helped?

Fast Cars...
  • Hennessey Venom GT: 270MPH. ...
  • Bugatti Chiron: 261 MPH. ...
  • Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: 268 MPH. ...
  • SCC Ultimate Aero: 256 MPH. ...
  • Tesla Roadster: 250MPH (unverified) ...
  • Saleen S7 Twin Turbo: 248 MPH. ...
  • Koenigsegg CCR: 242 MPH. ...
  • Mclaren F1: 241 MPH.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just want confidence that my car has enough power to easily pass cars I need to pass or power out of situations to avoid a potentially accident. Stock, my Civic turbo couldn't quite do that. It needed less lag and better throttle response. My Ktuner tune gives me that plus all the power I need for my day to day driving.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does the Tuner limited gas mileage? Meaning, if you drive the same before and then after install would your gas mileage be the same? Or is there a dramatic decline in MPG? i also would agree one needs to have enough power to pass and avoid accidents. Good point!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the Tuner limited gas mileage? Meaning, if you drive the same before and then after install would your gas mileage be the same? Or is there a dramatic decline in MPG? i also would agree one needs to have enough power to pass and avoid accidents. Good point!
My MPG is the same as it was prior to modding. I'm FBO and still getting 30.8mpg with my heavy foot.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
MPG's are slightly less depending on how aggressive the tune is. If you take it easy, mileage is stock-like. Drive like a race car driver and it drops rapidly.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not understanding the poll options (specifically the first one), but I'd like to get a KTuner by the next time Black Friday rolls around (plus a new clutch and such) for the added benefit of speed, power, rev hang loss, turbo lag reduction, etc. I'll probably be "fine" after that. Outside of a flex fuel kit I can't do much else in California anyway.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm not understanding the poll options (specifically the first one), but I'd like to get a KTuner by the next time Black Friday rolls around (plus a new clutch and such) for the added benefit of speed, power, rev hang loss, turbo lag reduction, etc. I'll probably be "fine" after that. Outside of a flex fuel kit I can't do much else in California anyway.
Ebay has 15% off deals often. That's what I'm waiting for. 15% off $450-$600 is a pretty good savings.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ebay has 15% off deals often. That's what I'm waiting for. 15% off $450-$600 is a pretty good savings.
I'm sure they do, but again I'm going to use this year to get some miles on my car, clutch, tires, etc. and want to break it all in before wearing it all out, so I don't just replace them at the drop of a hat of owning them. I want to get more than just the KTuner, and the next Black Friday will help me out with that.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure they do, but again I'm going to use this year to get some miles on my car, clutch, tires, etc. and want to break it all in before wearing it all out, so I don't just replace them at the drop of a hat of owning them. I want to get more than just the KTuner, and the next Black Friday will help me out with that.
Think about starting with a Ktuner and adding from there. You'll be surprised how much it changes the whole feel of the power delivery.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Think about starting with a Ktuner and adding from there. You'll be surprised how much it changes the whole feel of the power delivery.
I'm certain it does, but I fear clutch slippage among other things (also not currently living near somewhere that can do 93 octane).

Regardless, I'm still in the car's infancy and can wait it out quite a bit longer. I still haven't gotten some cosmetic things done, like:

- Window tinting
- Fog light swap
- Paint correction
- Ceramic coating
- GPS wire tucking

Then I'm also looking at shifter bushings soon too.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Cars...
  • Hennessey Venom GT: 270MPH. ...
  • Bugatti Chiron: 261 MPH. ...
  • Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: 268 MPH. ...
  • SCC Ultimate Aero: 256 MPH. ...
  • Tesla Roadster: 250MPH (unverified) ...
  • Saleen S7 Twin Turbo: 248 MPH. ...
  • Koenigsegg CCR: 242 MPH. ...
  • Mclaren F1: 241 MPH.
Those are just stop speeds. Top speeds are usually gearing limited so unless you raise the RPM limit, the top speed will remain the same regardless of power.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For me personally,

I am glad to learn that adding a KTUNER will not necessarily drop the gas mileage. I dive a Touring CVT. So i can't speak about changing gear ratios in a SI. My last car was a Mini Cooper S Coupe. Only made four years and a 2 seater. With turbo very fast, faster than a BMW I had. Concerned? Yes. How would the Civic compare? Daily I drive freeway and yes they drive crazy here. Posted limit 70 but reality 85+ is the norm.

I have been driving the Touring for 2K miles now. No issues with pickup. And oh, it is still in ECON mode. Only had it once in Sport mode. Plenty of power. I was very concerned. If I need more power dropping ECON mode I am sure I would be pleased. But I do like the 38 mpg. My wife's car a Mini Countryman (Non-S) is like driving a lawnmower. Absolutely no power. Fear of pulling out of the neighborhood and I kick it in Sport Mode.

I must say the Civic is incredible. And if you get more response with the KTUNER so much the better. But stock is not all that bad. Just my experience. Then of course, not sure I want to void the warranty, which is what 3 years? And I normally trade in 5? Time will tell. I normally trade to avoid expensive repairs but by then I should have 88K on the car. I am sure it will be good for more miles than that and maybe keep it. Unless there is a major change in technology. A lot can change in 5 years. In the past the difference is USB music and bluetooth to just having a CD player. What does the future hold? Flying cars?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To me, it doesn't sound like spending $500 plus for a tuner makes sense for you. After all, you're fairly satisfied driving with the Econ button pressed. That means you have 3 additional levels of driveability stock. Turn off Econ and D, S and L will all feel progressively quicker.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To me, it doesn't sound like spending $500 plus for a tuner makes sense for you. After all, you're fairly satisfied driving with the Econ button pressed. That means you have 3 additional levels of driveability stock. Turn off Econ and D, S and L will all feel progressively quicker.
Exactly!
But I do love how people modify the Civic. Just glad I am happy with the way it is now. Truly an amazing car. I think I will stick to cometic mods. Not saying anything negative about KTUNER. And proud to drive a Civic!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a fairly specific reason for wanting a tuner. I'm stuck driving in the Baltimore area which Allstate recently said has the worst drivers in America. I needed to get rid of the lag as much as possible for accident avoidance purposes. The added power is just icing on the cake.
Sponsored