How much more powerful does the Type R feel with Ktuner OTS Stage 1?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Like with the stock si to TSP the car actually out you back in your seat.

Is this the same with the Stage 1 for the Type R or does it just feel a little faster?
Sponsored

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Im pretty sure because the type R stock is faster than the SI even with a tune. So just imagine a type R with a tune.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having just switched from KTuner (stage 1) to Hondata (93 octane, DP, FMIC, improved throttle response, traction control) and neverminding the TC for the moment, 3rd gear with Hondata is actually shockingly powerful in the midrange. It's like a different car. It was improved a lot with KTuner stage 1 but it would seem Hondata is a good bit more aggressive with throttle response in the 3-5k range than is KTuner. I couldn't tell you which is ultimately faster but to me, Hondata feels stronger. And both feel much stronger and even smoother and easier to drive than stock, in my opinion.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Having just switched from KTuner (stage 1) to Hondata (93 octane, DP, FMIC, improved throttle response, traction control) and neverminding the TC for the moment, 3rd gear with Hondata is actually shockingly powerful in the midrange. It's like a different car. It was improved a lot with KTuner stage 1 but it would seem Hondata is a good bit more aggressive with throttle response in the 3-5k range than is KTuner. I couldn't tell you which is ultimately faster but to me, Hondata feels stronger. And both feel much stronger and even smoother and easier to drive than stock, in my opinion.
Im glad I found someone that shares the same thought I do. I used KT Stage 1 for 10k miles and last week changed to Flashpro and yes 3rd gear makes lots of difference. I can hear the turbo spooling from down low even if the psi gauge says 0. Feels like I have to relearn how to drive slow again.
Sponsored