How much in Texas?

Hawf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion 2009 XD
Hey guys, I was just wondering how much for a civic you guys were getting in Texas. I'm in the DFW area and the lowest I've gotten a dealer is 21.4k before TTL on a Civic EX-T. Seems people are getting way lower in other regions :(
Sponsored

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased an EX with sensing for around 23k out-the-door back in December. This includes TTL and all the other junk fees and unnecessary dealer installs. The sales manager was pretty transparent with me - said that he was going to work as an administrator for an Acura dealership soon, so he didn't really care. He showed me the invoice price (which you can find on this website), added several hundred dollars as profit, gave me the BS dealer protection packages for free (normally couple hundred bucks each), threw in free splash guards, and added the TTL. I felt that this was a fair price at the time.

The price should have dropped now that the Civic has been out for several more months.

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
..The sales manager was pretty transparent with me - said that he was going to work as an administrator for an Acura dealership soon, so he didn't really care..
wow so he only did that because he doesn't care about that dealership anymore, so just screw it lol. It seems like a good deal with sensing at that time.
I got a quote for $21,008 before TTL on EX-T a few weeks ago. but now I feel like moving up to touring and see if I can get a good deal. But they don't seem to be very popular in DFW area or at least I haven't seen any on the road yet. Hawf, do you want it with or w/o sensing and what dealership have you tried?

OP
OP

Hawf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion 2009 XD
wow so he only did that because he doesn't care about that dealership anymore, so just screw it lol. It seems like a good deal with sensing at that time.
I got a quote for $21,008 before TTL on EX-T a few weeks ago. but now I feel like moving up to touring and see if I can get a good deal. But they don't seem to be very popular in DFW area or at least I haven't seen any on the road yet. Hawf, do you want it with or w/o sensing and what dealership have you tried?
I'm looking for one without sensing. I contacted John Eagle, Honda Rockwall, and Honda Frisco. Who gave you the quote for 21,008?

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for one without sensing. I contacted John Eagle, Honda Rockwall, and Honda Frisco. Who gave you the quote for 21,008?
I haven't try any of those dealer yet but it's good to know that if they ask for too much for EX-T, then probably even more for Touring lol. The quote I got is from Huggins honda, even that sounds little high for me at the time so I didn't take his offer. Keep up with your search, let me know if you find a good dealer in the area. Thanks

OP
OP

Hawf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion 2009 XD
Sent an email to Huggins, lets see if I can get it lower haha. Honda Frisco told me they would take any offer and lower it by $500. Hopefully they will honor it with an offer of 21k. My sweet spot is around 20.5k before TTL for the civic.

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Sent an email to Huggins, lets see if I can get it lower haha. Honda Frisco told me they would take any offer and lower it by $500. Hopefully they will honor it with an offer of 21k. My sweet spot is around 20.5k before TTL for the civic.
"lower it by $500" is what every single dealership say including huggins lol . if you get a lower quote they will either tell you the other dealership has made a mistake providing you the quote or ask for written proof. i'm so over that phrase, but it does make you feel good isn't it lol

tljgizmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Purchased my EX-T Saturday from Honda of Spring here in Houston for $20,728 plus ttl. Ask for Sean. No dealer add on accessories.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
Well Gee. Im not only a 16 Civic EX owner, but I sold it to myself because I work at McDavid Frisco. Ya'll have any questions about the process, let me know.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well Gee. Im not only a 16 Civic EX owner, but I sold it to myself because I work at McDavid Frisco. Ya'll have any questions about the process, let me know.
How much did you sell it to yourself for? After taxes and fees etc.

OP
OP

Hawf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion 2009 XD
At Honda Frisco, how do you guys handle if the customer already has their own financing? Does the dealership release the car to the customer with just a letter of loan approval or do you wait until the physical check is in the dealership hands.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
If you have outside financing its just a matter of contacting whoever you are financing through and getting the numbers from them. In most cases we still try and beat the APR but if we cant, your numbers are the ones we use. In some cases you will have an approval letter that shows us a confirmation.

Yes, you would leave in the car that night.

"How much did you sell it to yourself for? After taxes and fees etc"

Well, I am not going to reveal that, Its kind of personnel, but my employee pricing is beaten every day by customers. I sold someone the exact same car later in the day for less than I paid. I am not able to negotiate where I work. Im not saying its a huge difference, but as a volume dealer, we take deals others wont.

I also paid for the add-ons. Because I wanted them on the car.

Oscuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you have outside financing its just a matter of contacting whoever you are financing through and getting the numbers from them. In most cases we still try and beat the APR but if we cant, your numbers are the ones we use. In some cases you will have an approval letter that shows us a confirmation.

Yes, you would leave in the car that night.

"How much did you sell it to yourself for? After taxes and fees etc"

Well, I am not going to reveal that, Its kind of personnel, but my employee pricing is beaten every day by customers. I sold someone the exact same car later in the day for less than I paid. I am not able to negotiate where I work. Im not saying its a huge difference, but as a volume dealer, we take deals others wont.

I also paid for the add-ons. Because I wanted them on the car.
Hey tuck. I take it since you're a user of these forums, you've been noting the deals people get on their Civics before and/or after TTL. I've been attempting to get a 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda Sensing since March and the lowest quote I've gotten from anywhere in Texas (yes, I've personally e-mailed and phoned every single dealership in Texas lol) is $22,000 OTD. And that's on a vehicle with the stupid dealer add-ons, but disregarding them if that makes sense. However, I'm trying to get this vehicle close to $21,000 OTD considering the numerous advice I've received on these forums to shoot for high 19k before TTL AND the fact that I've seen plenty of EXs w/o Honda Sensing sell for around $20.5k OTD.

I've been to your dealership before and have been attempting to negotiate my price to your dealership since March, but your guys are refusing to work with me.

So my question to you is: I'm not crazy, right? I've done numerous amount of research on the pricing of my vehicle and have finally came to a number that sounds reasonable to get to before a sale is made. I'm not even financing. I'm paying in full cash lol.

TrapSquadYeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lancer GT (Totaled from Natural Disaster)
So my question to you is: I'm not crazy, right? I've done numerous amount of research on the pricing of my vehicle and have finally came to a number that sounds reasonable to get to before a sale is made. I'm not even financing. I'm paying in full cash lol.
Not financing is the main problem right there. I am pretty sure if you were to finance through Honda you could definitely get the EX sedan for ~$20,000 OTD. If you're not gonna finance, most dealers aren't gonna accept your price because they get no profit from it whatsoever.

I am saying this from experience. My brother found a deal on a '15 Accord Coupe Leather Trim and got it for 26k instead of 28k OTD. Deal was sealed through email/text and when we got there the manager thought that we were financing through Honda. My brother told the sales associate that were going to pay full cash, no financing whatsoever and the manager was definitely not happy. He told us that he got down to 26k because of financing and then proceeded to tell us that they won't get profit and that they're losing a lot of money if we don't finance. Well, we showed the manager text messages as proof that the deal was 26k OTD with cash only, no financing and he was pretty pissed cause we had proof that the deal was over the phone. Btw this was at the Honda dealership in San Marcos, TX.
Sponsored