How much did you pay?

civicgg91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota
I'm dead set on purchasing my honda EX-T w/o sensing for no more than 22K OTD as i been trolling none stop on these forum and it seems that most ppl paid around that, I been emailing and went in to Norm reeves Irvine today but even tho its labor day weekend the guys there would not budge lower than 22,470 OTD :banghead: , and when i showed the manager this forum he said ppl here are lying and showed me his invoice where he paid for the car at 21K, so they are losing money selling me at 20,475 before tax/ttl wtf right? and not only that, they keep adding all these accessories and insurance/bullshit that i made them take off but i see that most ppl here get it for free! not sure how some of you got yours for so cheap but if i can get the quote paper as a reference that would really help me alot! or any tips on how i can talk them down to 22k? i also uploaded my quote for ref.... it freaking sucks! haha

Honda Civic 10th gen How much did you pay? image1 (1).JPG

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
or any tips on how i can talk them down to 22k? i also uploaded my quote for ref.... it freaking sucks! haha
Are you financing through them? Interest rate quoted is pretty high; you can get a better rate (~2%) from a credit union. If you can wait till next month when the 2017s start rolling in, you can probably get it at 22K.

CiviCali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX, 2008 Acura TL Type-S
Country flag
I bought mine this weekend at Buena Park Honda, 2016 EX Sedan in MSM for 21K OTD. (No add-ons)

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm dead set on purchasing my honda EX-T w/o sensing for no more than 22K OTD as i been trolling none stop on these forum and it seems that most ppl paid around that, I been emailing and went in to Norm reeves Irvine today but even tho its labor day weekend the guys there would not budge lower than 22,470 OTD :banghead: , and when i showed the manager this forum he said ppl here are lying and showed me his invoice where he paid for the car at 21K, so they are losing money selling me at 20,475 before tax/ttl wtf right? and not only that, they keep adding all these accessories and insurance/bullshit that i made them take off but i see that most ppl here get it for free! not sure how some of you got yours for so cheap but if i can get the quote paper as a reference that would really help me alot! or any tips on how i can talk them down to 22k? i also uploaded my quote for ref.... it freaking sucks! haha

image1 (1).JPG
Just email that quote to any dealership you're willing to drive to and ask them to beat it and give them a specific date you're willing to come in and complete the purchase.

illi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T
Country flag
Just want to add my experience getting the Agean Blue EX-L no Navi no Sensing at Goudy Honda this past Saturday 7/2. I made the mistake of trying to get the car during the beginning of the month and during July 4th weekend so I think I got a fair price but could've been better. It was 24,500 OTD @ 1.99% w/ 0 down. But the experience was great because Linh Situ the girl that helped us was very good and easy to deal with no BS. If you do go there, I would highly suggest you work with her. Prior to my going out to dealers, I did get quotes from dealers around me, and I actually wrote off Goudy at first because their internet sales didn't respond to me, but actual in-dealer experience was different. I went to Nelson earlier the same day and they would not budge on 25,000 OTD. Again, I think it was beginning of the month and July 4th weekend, so I am pretty sure others can get a better price.
Did they need to do a credit check or soft pull on your credit to give you a OTD price? I'm in the area, so I may go to those dealers.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Did they need to do a credit check or soft pull on your credit to give you a OTD price? I'm in the area, so I may go to those dealers.
Nope, just give them your zip code so they can get your taxes figured in....they wont do a credit pull until you get there for the financing part...even during the negotiations they wont until you agree on the price

scottay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX Hatch
$20,474 EX-T coupe. in Socal. Before fees. No add ons. I'm happy with the result. Thanks to everyone who posted and @CivilJerk for the local info.

PeepDuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Aegean Blue EX-T Sedan
Country flag
For the EX-T Sedan, I bought it for 22k OTD at Hardin Honda (in Anaheim) a few weeks ago so you should be able to do it as well. Was super easy. Probably left within an hour?

tsthomas322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
2016 EX-T Cosmo Blue $20,471.16 (purchased in Irvine on 06/09/16)
Hi Kyra,

I tried getting the deal you got and every dealer in SoCal laughs at the idea. but they say if I can show them someone offering that price, they can match it. Is there any way you could share a backup of the price we could use as proof? I really want the deal you got and it seems like now of all times it should be possible as the 2017's should be rolling around in the next month or so.

dcpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Hi Kyra,

I tried getting the deal you got and every dealer in SoCal laughs at the idea. but they say if I can show them someone offering that price, they can match it. Is there any way you could share a backup of the price we could use as proof? I really want the deal you got and it seems like now of all times it should be possible as the 2017's should be rolling around in the next month or so.
I don't think Kyra is active on these forums anymore, if you look at the other "What did you pay?" thread there was a lot of arguing and controversy caused by the alleged OTD price she paid. The price might have included a trade-in or some type of additional payment, I'm not sure if it was ever completely cleared up.

What's the best price you've gotten from SoCal dealers? I'm also shopping for a EX-T and the best I've seen so far is 22k OTD from Hardin Honda. Norm Reeves at ~22.5k and Galpin at ~22.7k

tsthomas322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
I don't think Kyra is active on these forums anymore, if you look at the other "What did you pay?" thread there was a lot of arguing and controversy caused by the alleged OTD price she paid. The price might have included a trade-in or some type of additional payment, I'm not sure if it was ever completely cleared up.

What's the best price you've gotten from SoCal dealers? I'm also shopping for a EX-T and the best I've seen so far is 22k OTD from Hardin Honda. Norm Reeves at ~22.5k and Galpin at ~22.7k
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for the EX-T with sensing. Those deals aren't too bad. I'm still following up with a couple and then I'll post my findings.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Touring Sedan for $26.3 OTD in SF Bay Area
Sponsored