diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Visited the dealer and they told me I was crazy if I thought they would sell it for anything less that MSRP +$5k. I walked. Sure enough I got a call from them 12 hours later to come back and they were willing to go down to MSRP +$4k. I could have continued to play games, but it was exhausting and I just gave in. lol.
The same thing happened to me. I told the sales guy to call me back when he would take MSRP straight up. Remember, theses guys don’t make any money playing these games. He called me the next morning and said I could have it for MSRP. I was happy- he was happy. I took care of him for his efforts too...
Sponsored

Sik4g63

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi eclipse gsx
Can anyone provide and estimate on how much down payment if any and monthly rate the car runs at?I know it all depends but I just need an approximation. Would really help me out considering buying this car.

lac__

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R PMM | R-14704
Country flag
Can anyone provide and estimate on how much down payment if any and monthly rate the car runs at?I know it all depends but I just need an approximation. Would really help me out considering buying this car.
I’d just go look at a car loan calculator. Put as much as you can down, for as short of a term as possible.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’d just go look at a car loan calculator. Put as much as you can down, for as short of a term as possible.
Unless your interest rate is lower than your otherwise expected rate of return...in which case, put as little down as possible and pick the longest term. That may not make personal sense for everyone though.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I used a car payment estimator from Carmax, you even select your state and they add the applicable taxes. It allows you to also select term month and what your down payment will be and input the cost of the car. It won't be perfect but maybe it will help with a ballpark estimate. :)

https://www.carmax.com/car-financing/car-payment-calculator

ep3_lol

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Lincoln Navigator L, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Got out the door for about $38k with 3% NC sales tax. The sale price ended up being $1300 over MSRP.

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
No, I believe when someone walks into a dealer and pays cash to purchase or cash to make all the lease payments at once, the dealer handles them like gold.

Not fair, but it is true. I've seen it first hand.
Actually, THAT'S NOT TRUE! I walked in with cash and they didn't budge on the price. Still a deal at $2500 over MSRP, but they wouldn't budge.

Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
Very interested in this thread. I've contacted 2 dealers in Florida who both said via email they were selling at MSRP. When I asked for the final breakdown sheet out the door so I could drive down and buy it, both instantly had a 2 and 5k markup on them!!! I said nah, you lied, take care. Went and slapped them silly on Google reviews calling out the salesmen for lying:) lol I know they don't care but I do want others who are looking at that dealership to know what they do. Multiple emails and suddenly 5k over msrp.....gtfo!

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
Bump! I need to see some hope as I'm looking for mine.
Sorry if late to your help request. In my over year exhaustive seach, I had even looked up dealers in Oregon in last October( just before giving up on transporting 1 from Ohio and finally purchasing my RR closer to home -sf bay area from Autonation Roseville), came accross one in Albany; yes they were ony charging msrp(at that time), but when the red one I was searching for got snatch that week I missed another deal.
Sorry I forgot the sales contact, but he said most Oregon dealers just started marking $2k over. You might be in luck still.

Found him: good luck, regards, Forrest

Jordan Jeffers

Internet Sales Consultant
Power Honda
[email protected]
541-928-0122

4120 Santiam Hwy SE
Albany, OR 97322

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I paid MSRP and also bought the wheel warranty at like $800

I was nervous the day I was buying it because 2 others came in the dealership asking about the Type R as I was filling out the paper work. I was afraid it would turn into a bidding war. But the dealership told me the car gets alot of lookers but not alot of serious commitments.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
MSRP + Shipping, but I haven't chosen a carrier yet, just received a bunch of quotes between $995 and $1250.

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
3K over sticker. I wasn't complaining as the markup was 10k. Known the financial manager pretty much my whole life through my pops, He called him up since I was interested, and said straight up no bullshit they sell them for 6K over no problem... he was going to do it for 4K over for me, and dropped it another grand when i was there. I also got a test drive, and this dealership does not offer a test drive on the R to keep the miles low. I understand that, but at the same time, buying a brand new car sight unseen with how it feels is just weird.
Sponsored