How much cost is it to replace AC Condenser?

fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Ok, I know replacing compressor costs a lot, what about condenser for 10th generation civic? any estimate?
Sponsored

MEESE15T

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Ok, I know replacing compressor costs a lot, what about condenser for 10th generation civic? any estimate?
My catalog shows a price of 133.33 for the condenser,non type R,and could change depending on exact model,2door,4door,hatchback

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My catalog shows a price of 133.33 for the condenser,non type R
That may be the LIst Price for a new Condenser, but that is NOT were the expense of replacement is.
ie. You need to also consider
(a) removing the current refrigerant.
(b) Getting to and replacing the condenser (with new seals etc)
(c) Pull vacuum and checking for leaks
(d) Recharging the system with (new - or your old) refrigerant (and correct oil)
(e) Putting it all back together and testing that all is working correctly

A LOT of labor $$$$$ and the refrigerant R1234yf is basically expensive to start with, and through the roof after the Dealer's mark up -- but should it really cost that much ?? (see what gets used !!)

If the Dealer does it and you end up paying, you are looking at about $1200 !!!
(based on what others have reported being charged for their Dealer to replace the Condenser)

Typical Machine that could be used is
https://www.robinair.com/products/1234yf-recover-recycle-recharge-machine

Honda Civic 10th gen How much cost is it to replace AC Condenser? ac12346

At between $6000-$8000, it does it all automatically, and it does not take many A/C Jobs to recover that initial investment -- after that, is all PROFIT $$$$$$

• Fully automatic operation — program for service, walk away and return when complete. (= Low (unskilled) Labor time)
  • 98.5% recovery efficiency (ie You are getting your OLD refrigerant back and paying NEW ?? )
  • Programmable vacuum operation helps get to the necessary vacuum level in any condition quickly.
  • System leak test to identify gross leaks in a system.
  • Charge accuracy within +/- ½ oz.
  • Automatic oil drain shows how much oil was removed from the system during service.
  • Automatic air purge removes the potential of air accumulating in the internal tank.
  • Integrated refrigerant identifier (meets SAE J2927)
  • Liquid refrigerant flushing function can flush A/C systems or individual components using liquid refrigerant instead of harsh chemicals.
  • Automatic internal tank refill. No stopping to fill the internal tank during service, or before service.
  • 1/4 Color VGA display. Large easy to read graphical display
  • On-board printer capable of printing vehicle service report slips to present to customers.
With this machine, "Even a Caveman can do it " !!! (if they get Licensed !!)

Last edited:

matthewed

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring 1.5L
Country flag
I had mine replaced for a new one on september 2018. It cost me total (including labor, tax, parts, refill freon) for $1180
I live in NYC, the sales tax is pretty high here

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
You guys should really make sure what you are talking about: condensers or compressors, because I see some confusion in this thread.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Dealer charged me like $1050 plus tax for condenser and some piping.

matthewed

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring 1.5L
Country flag
if theres no road damage try getting it fixed through this
https://www.civicx.com/threads/new-ac-condenser-leaking-tsb-19-091.40000/
I had mine replaced september 2018, on august 2019 the AC broke down again
So the new condenser last me around 11 months (3 months of using AC)
I called to make an appointment and the next available appointment is 30 days later :(
The reason is because too many people have their AC broke down.

I went there, they checked my car and they said my condenser is defected so they'll change my new condenser for free

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I recently replaced my condenser recently under warranty, the tech said hes done so many its a breeze for him and now Honda Canada offers a extended warranty up to 10 years for AC condensers with no mileage limit.

redmarco79

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I had mine replaced for a new one on september 2018. It cost me total (including labor, tax, parts, refill freon) for $1180
I live in NYC, the sales tax is pretty high here

This is ridiculous, I had my compressor replaced back in May (i think) 2020, Hinda helped pay for it since they knew of the parts falling apart. Now they’re saying the condenser is not working, and is under warranty. However, if some other oart (forgot the name) is bad, Im lootat another 1200$.) What the fuck!? I might as well buy another car if Im gonna be paying thay shit and other maintenance fees yearly.

HatchFan

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You guys should really make sure what you are talking about: condensers or compressors, because I see some confusion in this thread.
I bought my 2018 Sport Hatchback in February or March of of 2021 with CPO warranty. That year the condenser was replaced through Honda's extended warranty. It didn't seem to solve the problem and this summer they informed me the compressor is also leaking! Of course it's not covered on my CPO powertrain warranty and Honda has only extended the warranty on the condenser but not the compressors. My local dealer went to bat and Honda has agreed to cover over $2500 of the total cost which they claim is around $3k! I can't imagine how they could possibly come up with this this amount given one can buy after market compressor's for $250-500... I'm grateful to my local dealer and Honda for stepping up! I've been driving Honda's since the 80's and if they didn't this would be my last! I wanted a GTI and went Civic for improved reliability! My daughter's MK7 Golf has been rock solid and has 3x the miles my Civic does without any major repairs.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I bought my 2018 Sport Hatchback in February or March of of 2021 with CPO warranty. That year the condenser was replaced through Honda's extended warranty. It didn't seem to solve the problem and this summer they informed me the compressor is also leaking! Of course it's not covered on my CPO powertrain warranty and Honda has only extended the warranty on the condenser but not the compressors. My local dealer went to bat and Honda has agreed to cover over $2500 of the total cost which they claim is around $3k! I can't imagine how they could possibly come up with this this amount given one can buy after market compressor's for $250-500... I'm grateful to my local dealer and Honda for stepping up! I've been driving Honda's since the 80's and if they didn't this would be my last! I wanted a GTI and went Civic for improved reliability! My daughter's MK7 Golf has been rock solid and has 3x the miles my Civic does without any major repairs.
Yes, you can buy an AC compressor. Is Honda going to allow installation of the compressor you bought per Corporate guidelines regarding warranty work? Not just a verbal yes, but one that is typed and signed by two people at the dealer as a legal document.
Sponsored