How many people have had there transmission replaced?

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Type r not si...
Sponsored

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Regarding dealers and warranty work........they all hate to do it, no money in it for them.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Regarding dealers and warranty work........they all hate to do it, no money in it for them.
Not exactly.. the techs dont get paid that well so some dont like it. But the service/parts managers love trannys and engines cause it helps big on their gross numbers warranty or not. They would much rather replace then rebuild. Not sure on hondas but i know many other brands you need approval from “tech support or fieldmanager” for trans/engine replacements under warranty

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No it’s my title to prove a point why I have a right to be mad I don’t have a payment I paid cash... haven’t been on here type r is put away for winter bought a nice em1 Si. I am having a ton of fun in the em1... miss my high school days lol

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
No it’s my title to prove a point why I have a right to be mad I don’t have a payment I paid cash... haven’t been on here type r is put away for winter bought a nice em1 Si. I am having a ton of fun in the em1... miss my high school days lol
just because you dropped 35k cash on a car does not mean you have more of a right to be upset than someone that financed and is having issues with the car...seems like you're just gloating at this point. In regards to your car if you're still having tranny issues constantly why can't you just take it to the dealer and have them see for themselves. They should be able to warranty it

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep an i’ll Gloat all I want... since everyone like to jump on everything I say go back an look why I won’t yet because like I said the car is new still under 3/36 & powertrain warranty. It’s still a new car when the techs work on them a little bit more I will. I don’t wanna be a test dummy for techs on my car plain an simple. As I see on here a lot of people like to run to the dealer when a hang nail is sticking out of there car. Why wouldn’t it. I paid 35k plus taxes when someone went an stuck 2-3 k down an financed the rest. They can trade there’s in maybe be a little upside down in payment on there next car in payments.. again not out of there pocket or bank account.. i’ll Lose 5-6 grand when an if I decide to sell it in the spring so your little rant don’t hold water buddy... nothing against people that finance but they don’t get hit with a lump or cash out of there bank account. I just wanna figure out shit on this car I am done with the back an forth pissing matches I get it people don’t like what I said but I really don’t give a shit if I have something to say I will say it...

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An this is like a broken record with people also no offense but do u read. Why would I take the car to the dealer when there is no fix but to put another trans in that will probably have the same issues or possible have them. U have read other posts before that I have wrote there should have been somewhere in there that I will wait til tech are a little more familiar with the car or Honda has built more of these trans an maybe figure out the quality control issues or they fix it i’ll Hold my breath on that one

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An this is like a broken record with people also no offense but do u read. Why would I take the car to the dealer when there is no fix but to put another trans in that will probably have the same issues or possible have them. U have read other posts before that I have wrote there should have been somewhere in there that I will wait til tech are a little more familiar with the car or Honda has built more of these trans an maybe figure out the quality control issues or they fix it i’ll Hold my breath on that one
I do read plenty and all I see is someone gloating that they paid cash for their car and for that reason Honda should be treating you above everyone else. If you're not willing to take your car to get a replacement tranny then I really see no point of you continuing to cry and complain about the car when you literally have the option of getting the transmission replaced under warranty. How can you say a new tranny will not resolve your problem without actually giving it a try? A trans swap is pretty simple...the techs don't have to be "familiar" with the car and its been out for 2 years anyways, how much longer are you going to wait? It sounds to me like you just need to sell the car and get your money back because you're obviously not happy with it. And unless you paid over msrp you should not be loosing 5-6k like you said...you'll just be out on the taxes. But 2k shouldn't be much to you big baller

Last edited:
OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think u need to mind your own business. I haven’t been on here in weeks an I really don’t give 2 shits about what u have to say about what u think u know about Honda transmissions which is obviously nothing except take it to Honda an have them replace it with a brass synchro trans ok... now that’s cleared up. I will wait like I have said multiply times an really haven’t lately complained about the car an if I decide to it my perogative to do so without people crying about me putting down there little halo car they hold in high regard..

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think u need to mind your own business. I haven’t been on here in weeks an I really don’t give 2 shits about what u have to say about what u think u know about Honda transmissions which is obviously nothing except take it to Honda an have them replace it with a brass synchro trans ok... now that’s cleared up. I will wait like I have said multiply times an really haven’t lately complained about the car an if I decide to it my perogative to do so without people crying about me putting down there little halo car they hold in high regard..
I don’t care about the type r being a halo car, that has nothing to do with it. You’re constantly bitching about the transmission giving you problems but yet you don’t want to act on them. If you just want to sit there with your thumb up your ass then by all means, but when you come on a public forum asking for other people’s feedback on a well known issue that is exactly what you’re going to get, opinions and feedback. Take your car to honda and get a replacement, if not then kick rocks. I’m happily enjoying mines.

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lmao I don’t sit with my thumb up my ass but thanks an all everyone says is that I am constantly bitching.... ok i get that an still really don’t care u keep going on about the same things your not helping either by constantly complaining about what I say if u don’t like it don’t read it an stay off the thread easy as that plan as day... I said why would I get another brass trans u obviously had no reply to that but to say again take it to Honda.. by the looks of your garage u don’t work on shit. I really haven’t said anything about the car in probably over a month none of the threads or posts on here are helping at all... what does the thread say... I asked for feed back on who has had there trans replaced an made what Honda told then not for u to critic everything I say. Man nothing but 80% millennial spoiled little smart mouth know it all brats on here

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
I have already started a letter to send to Honda idc if people laugh. 35,595 plus 2500 in tax isn’t funny at all if someone has it or not. I bought the car on the reputation Honda’s has always been good to me an others I know an figuring it’s a type r it there prized race car an I get what I got when u do like/love Honda is a huge let down
I feel you- (I appealed to Honda 3 times over my paint on hood that conveniently started showing "paint check marks" per body shop right after 5 yr waranty expired) .. that was my hesitation going into buying type R. but here is a good consesus recomendation courtesy Elias (flying goto) and Savageese off utube:
See his utube vid:
if not try thi sone:
-Clutch Master Cylinder - [email protected] List of Things You May see in the video - https://goo.gl/odyotu
"So after many months, I finally have a 100% functioning Civic Type R (FK8). Here's how to fix your transmission issue."

Hope this helps, I know, I haven't felt any grind yet so I'm crossing my fingers and praying nothing wierd every happens. But at least we have proof of what Elias did worked for him.
Wish me luck rather wish us all luck.
Cheers,
Forrest

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not exactly.. the techs dont get paid that well so some dont like it. But the service/parts managers love trannys and engines cause it helps big on their gross numbers warranty or not. They would much rather replace then rebuild. Not sure on hondas but i know many other brands you need approval from “tech support or fieldmanager” for trans/engine replacements under warranty
This.
100% true.

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)