How many people have had there transmission replaced?

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Just wanted to see how many guys have had Honda swap there trans out for a new one an how is the new trans operating
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Do u want to make this a poll? Btw, have u sold urs yet? If not, r u gonna try swapping the slave cylinder?

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No pole just want to see an read peoples reply’s an see what Honda has done for them.. no I have not sold car I was going to the other day to buy another Buick GN but the guy I know didn’t wanna sell the GN yet. Maybe in the spring until then it’s something an another toy to play with an give me something to do an no I did not switch slave.. I don’t think that is the problem. I have stated before I think it’s an internal problem or cable issue an Lower engine mount issue (pitch stop mount)

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
id like to know this too. you should have made a poll

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn’t really want to make a poll... I figured or hoped some people would comment on if Honda made them jump through hoops to get the trans replaced or what the had to do an what trans issues they had. I know there’s enough of us that have lockout issues then there’s a lot that have the 1st-2nd grind an them some have oil leaking from the inspection cover or flywheel cover an some other issues. Was kinda hoping people would post an comment a little on what issues/symptoms not just say they had it replaced that doesn’t tell us anything. Kinda wanted to know what experiences they had at the dealer

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
dude, youll ALWAYS have to jump through hoops to get major warranty work done at honda. and even then, 75% of the time you wont get it done. stealershios will fuck you. be prepared for a long fight and dont expect it to come out in your favor

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have been around an worked at a few of u go in like a nut job an mouth off which I have been know to do yes they will treat u like shit. Some dealers are good some not so good. I know when I see something not going good to turn the heat up on them an start letting them have it. I always try the nice guy approach then if that don’t work the asshole in me comes out to play hard ball. I have stopped lot boys from getting in my car I have got some weird looks from people but I don’t give a shit they didn’t pay for it or make the payment an techs don’t even drive my cars unless I go with them. I am a asshole sometimes but I don’t care that’s my hard earned money not there’s an there not going out beating the shit out of it.

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
I have had great luck if the TSB is out and in hand, otherwise its had been hard unless the item is fully broken. To be honest this has been my experience with all of our new cars over the last 10 years.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
The dealer I go to won't give me any problems, kinda helps that I went to tech school with the shop foreman. Also happens to be the same dealer that did the gear swaps on my 8th gen so I would imagine that generally if there is a tsb out they will do the work because they know honda will pay them. This will most likely apply to any dealership if a tsb does come out, honda is basically admitting there is a problem and is correcting it.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The dealer I go to won't give me any problems, kinda helps that I went to tech school with the shop foreman. Also happens to be the same dealer that did the gear swaps on my 8th gen so I would imagine that generally if there is a tsb out they will do the work because they know honda will pay them. This will most likely apply to any dealership if a tsb does come out, honda is basically admitting there is a problem and is correcting it.
well, no stealershit will really give you trouble if there is a tsb, not too much trouble at least. but theyll fight till the death practically to warranty your trans if there isnt a tsb.

thats the whole issue. fighting the stealership is a long uphill battle to get major shit fixed under warranty.

yeah your axle is leaking, the fucking stealershit will be happy to replace it because... "its under warranty, of course youll get a new axle and take care of you!".. but if its your tranny going to fucking shit... well then its..."what warranty..oh, well we havent heard anything about a trans issue. sorry we cant replicate the problem, we'll put new trans fluid in it, have you been abusing the trans? etc etc" lmfao

honda and their FUCKING bitch ass stealerships and shitty ass synchros. this fucking synchro issue is really getting fucking old now.

for the last 16 fucking years we've been dealing with this grindy ass transmission bullshit. heres a rocket science level question for honda:

WHY THE FUCK CANT YOU JUST MAKE FUCKING SYNCHROS STRONG ENOUGH TO NOT CAUSE CAUSE 2ND AND/OR 3RD GEARS TO GRIND??, WHAT THE FUCK IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT?...

i swear its like theyve been making their synchros out of crush washer material the last 3 generations.

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s not that there not strong enough boosted an I get your point it’s driving me nuts. They need to be carbon like they did back in the mid 2000’s with the replacement synchro set’s for 3rd gear they where carbon back then an yes it’s frustrating when they won’t quit being cheap asses an just use carbon synchros an be done with it an they won’t have these issues. Maybe because sometimes there loud in really cold weather an Honda like there shit dead quit like this car sounds already lol who knows buddy... Honda does some weird shit anymore

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is some bullshit... I get everyone on here that jumps on me for what? I don’t have a payment I paid 35,595 for my car wrote the check I am down grading anyone at all but I am sure there are a lot more people who have payments an didn’t shell out 35-36 plus tax. That’s a nice chunk of change an I have every right to be pissed just like everyone else that is pissed but some people don’t say anything sry but I do. Honda has to have knew this before the car came out I can guarantee that 1/3 of the type r maybe more have some kind of trans issue there are people that own these cars that aren’t on forums there not into them.... an people in denial or just deal with it well all that people like that can be like that I am not. When I decide to take mine in after I hear how my buddy gets treated. We will see they start fooling around with me with there game there going to meet there match big time

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have already started a letter to send to Honda idc if people laugh. 35,595 plus 2500 in tax isn’t funny at all if someone has it or not. I bought the car on the reputation Honda’s has always been good to me an others I know an figuring it’s a type r it there prized race car an I get what I got when u do like/love Honda is a huge let down

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen How many people have had there transmission replaced? 56095E30-9B2F-4A23-91BC-1407B8D94E1A
This is no bs. 2 miles on her