How many of you have almost no issues with your Civic?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
They replaced the sensor assembly and the fuse. The film has its own part number, although I suppose the assembly could be made up of a number of parts, including the film. It took two visits to the dealer: the first to diagnose the problem and order the parts, and the second to perform the repair. I got a courtesy car on both visits, so no complaints there.

I was reading that some conditions can cause it to go into 'failsafe mode', where the system defaults to regular intermittent operation. Maybe that's what has happened on mine.

I'll ask about it on my next service visit. I won't be making any separate trips though. I'm really enjoying the long service intervals (approx 10 months for me). And I am ok with regular intermittent wipers for now.
It is an awesome car. Love it.
I use the Amsoil so I don't drive over 15,000 miles a year. So I do my own oil once a year. The oil and the filter from amsoil run about $40. As far as the wipers I guess the dealer did good in fixing the repair and taking care of you. That sounds like a good dealer. So hopefully it works out for ya and just needs a reset. In meantime try unplugging battery for 10 minutes.
Good luck with the car
Sponsored

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It is an awesome car. Love it.
I use the Amsoil so I don't drive over 15,000 miles a year. So I do my own oil once a year. The oil and the filter from amsoil run about $40. As far as the wipers I guess the dealer did good in fixing the repair and taking care of you. That sounds like a good dealer. So hopefully it works out for ya and just needs a reset. In meantime try unplugging battery for 10 minutes.
Good luck with the car
Ya they're a great dealer. I got one of the first Tourings that rolled off the line, so my dealer hadn't serviced very many at the time. It's cool that you do your own oil changes. I do them on my lawn mower and snowblower, but for some reason, I'm too chicken to do it on my car. I'll try the battery reset when the weather gets a little warmer. Which, might be sometime this week! Woohoo, I love spring.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
The film has its own part number, although I suppose the assembly could be made up of a number of parts, including the film.
In the US parts catalog the sensor comes with the "sheet" and the "sheet" is also available stand-alone.

cinwhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
So, does the 2017 touring sedan have the same rattle issue as the 2016 did with the subwoofer?

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So, does the 2017 touring sedan have the same rattle issue as the 2016 did with the subwoofer?
If I knew about this rattle before I bought it and knowing now how much I enjoy driving this car I would still buy it with the rattle. The dealer has a fix for it under warranty anyhow. So I wouldn't worry about it. If that makes sense. Lol.

cinwhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
If I knew about this rattle before I bought it and knowing now how much I enjoy driving this car I would still buy it with the rattle. The dealer has a fix for it under warranty anyhow. So I wouldn't worry about it. If that makes sense. Lol.
Well, that's good news to hear. Thank you!

GreyMatter718

THE X GEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i've got about 1300 miles on mine so far, so far i have no issues.

my only complaint is i feel like the paint on this car is not that great, it's really thin and so is the clear coat. I also think the plastics on the interior scuff a little too easy. i ran my finger across the plastic and it got micro scratches which is kind of ridiculous if you ask me, thats why i got CF on everything.

Yosemite Sam

Honda was my first car brand and probably my last!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
i've got about 1300 miles on mine so far, so far i have no issues.

my only complaint is i feel like the paint on this car is not that great, it's really thin and so is the clear coat. I also think the plastics on the interior scuff a little too easy. i ran my finger across the plastic and it got micro scratches which is kind of ridiculous if you ask me, thats why i got CF on everything.
The piano black plastic around the shifter is ridiculously easy to scratch, that is my one big complaint as I scratched it my 2nd day owning the car wiping it down with a towel. I tried to use a micro scratch remover and that just made it worse!!

GreyMatter718

THE X GEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes ! exactly what i was talking about. it's crazy. i think getting a clear vinyl over it would probably be the best thing.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The piano black plastic around the shifter is ridiculously easy to scratch, that is my one big complaint as I scratched it my 2nd day owning the car wiping it down with a towel. I tried to use a micro scratch remover and that just made it worse!!
Yep...I can only imagine what it'd look like in the hands of someone who *didn't* try to take care of their car...yikes

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Knock on Wood.

Happy to say after 2,500km I have no issues.

My chequing account on the other hand has issues with me spending so much after just two months.
Sponsored