OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Our LX manual just say follow Maintenance Minder
There is no "lx" manual, all trims share the same manual and If you were to follow the maintenance minder you wouldn't get an oil change at 15%, but wait till 5%.

With 15% + warning you can change your oil right now
And Im assuming you don't follow the manual.

Last edited:

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
Thank you, what should i be looking for when checking it?
im no expert, but im guessing to see if the oil is still between the two lines and the color of oil if it too dark

Reactions: Jeh

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
If you're asking "is it safe to drive some 300 miles beyond when the MM would show 0%, I can assure you it's perfectly OK. It seems your mileage is quite low, and it seems it's less than one year since the factory oil was installed in the car.

Definitely check your dipstick, and no worries until you can change the oil.

Now from the point of view of warranty and Honda noting that you committed a misdemeanor of being late to change oil, it's your judgment. It's still extremely unlikely you will ever have a powertrain warranty issue they can blame on late oil changes.... But I presume it could be recorded in memory. If your oil change place is not a Honda dealer, you can cheat and reset the MM now...

WrongWayWade

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
There is no "lx" manual, all trims share the same manual and If you were to follow the maintenance minder you wouldn't get an oil change at 15%, but wait till 5%.

And Im assuming you don't follow the manual.
You seem to have the idea that your car will explode or have a catastrophic bearing failure the day the MM goes past 0%. Just schedule your next change some time after you get the 15% warning. The MM works on how you drive and time. With only ~4000 miles i would suggest you’ve mainly hit the time factor. I drive a ton and don’t get to 15% until ~8000 or even ~9000 miles.

Also, just use the Honda synthetic blend or a full synthetic (I buy Mobil 1 at the Walmart and bring it in; saves some $$$). Let them install the Honda filter.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
i change my oil at 30%, but i have not been keep track of the miles. I'm doing that now.
Sponsored