How many miles left until oil change starting at 15%

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hit 15% around 3850 miles and maintenance minder is giving me a warning that an oil change is due soon. I understand that I need to get it done at 5% or earlier, but earliest I can schedule an oil change will be 4 days later. Now assuming 3800 miles is 85% oil life; that would put 100% oil life at 4470~ which means 5% should be at 4246~ allowing me around 446 miles until oil change is due based on my driving habit. I expect to drive at least 300 miles until the oil change date and I just wanted to know if that is a good or bad idea?

Edit: the place I trust with oil changes is booked until 4 days otherwise I would do it at 15% my question is if it's safe to drive 300 miles after 15% before oil change.
Sponsored

Last edited:

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
With 15% + warning you can change your oil right now

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With 15% + warning you can change your oil right now
" I understand that I need to get it done at 5% or earlier, but earliest I can schedule an oil change will be 4 days later. "

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hit 15% around 3850 miles and maintenance minder is giving me a warning that an oil change is due soon. I understand that I need to get it done at 5% or earlier, but earliest I can schedule an oil change will be 4 days later. Now assuming 3800 miles is 85% oil life; that would put 100% oil life at 4470~ which means 5% should be at 4246~ allowing me around 446 miles until oil change is due based on my driving habit. I expect to drive at least 300 miles until the oil change date and I just wanted to know if that is a good or bad idea?
The maintenance minder system factors in more than just pure mileage. So it's not a direct correlation to how many miles are left before you reach a certain percent. But, you can change it now if you wish or wait until it gets as low as 5 percent. That's really up to you. Me, I usually change my oil around 10-percent.

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think half highway half local to work 10 miles weekdays + highway weekends

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So let me make this clear, I know you can get an oil change early and that's what I would do as well, but the problem is that the place I go to for oil changes is booked until 4 days after my 15% oil life hit. During that time, I'm expected to drive around 280-300 miles. Will my car be fine?

To answer my own question, I should be fine according to the manual considering 5-1% is th deadline to get it done. It might not be th safest option, but it's within the guidelines.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
So let me make this clear, I know you can get an oil change early and that's what I would do as well, but the problem is that the place I go to for oil changes is booked until 4 days after my 15% oil life hit. During that time, I'm expected to drive around 280-300 miles. Will my car be fine?

To answer my own question, I should be fine according to the manual considering 5-1% is th deadline to get it done. It might not be th safest option, but it's within the guidelines.
I'd check the oil stick to see how the oil is

Reactions: Jeh