How many miles have you been running flashpro on your Si?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I know it might be a little early trying to judge long term reliability, but maybe some of you have put a lot of miles on it since you flashed.

Also have you been running the 6 or 9 boost increase?
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+6 for 2k miles, +9 for 5k+ miles. Clutch has been good so far, plenty of WOT pulls from 3k+ rpm :)

I don't launch my car, and broke-in the clutch properly during the first 1k mile by always varying my rpm and switching gears frequently.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
+6 for 2k miles, +9 for 5k+ miles. Clutch has been good so far, plenty of WOT pulls from 3k+ rpm :)

I don't launch my car, and broke-in the clutch properly during the first 1k mile by always varying my rpm and switching gears frequently.
In your honest opinion how much more power did you feel with the +6 calibration. Very noticeable or slightly?

And how come you dont launch your car?

donald.durand

Think Different
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know it might be a little early trying to judge long term reliability, but maybe some of you have put a lot of miles on it since you flashed.

Also have you been running the 6 or 9 boost increase?

I've been running the +6psi for about 5k miles, noticeable difference. I also have the no lift shift which I barely use, rev hang delete which makes driving so much more natural and smoother. I've had zero issues, usually once a month I scan my car for codes and have yet to have any code occur. I am interested in the +9psi, but am to scared to pull the trigger because of stock clutch. I also don't launch my car.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I've been running the +6psi for about 5k miles, noticeable difference. I also have the no lift shift which I barely use, rev hang delete which makes driving so much more natural and smoother. I've had zero issues, usually once a month I scan my car for codes and have yet to have any code occur. I am interested in the +9psi, but am to scared to pull the trigger because of stock clutch. I also don't launch my car.
how com you dont use the NLS?

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've been running Hondata +6 PSI for about 1300 miles. I originally started with +6 on all the time, but found that it made me more aggressive when I drove, so to reel myself back in, I went to sport mode only with +6. I have the rev hang off and increased throttle response on which is nice, and turning the +6 on only when I want to mess around or need to pass makes me appreciate driving the car more. I like knowing I can have both fuel economy when I want and then the extra power and torque when I need it. I don't use FTS because I don't want to mess up and possibly hurt my tranny early on.
I also want this engine to last a long time, so I spare my car the +9 boost for now until I get new plumbing and possible internals to handle extra boost.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I think we will eventually find out that even the +9 map with a normal driver (not over aggressive) these cars are still going to last a very very long time....given the fact there are examples of around 300 whp factory long blocks and near 400 lb ft of torque and they are holding which is phenomenal.

Here is a question that may be another thread. Has anyone found a power limit for the SI longblock yet? I have not seen anything even before I left honda as a service advisor for them for 2 years (left to go to lexus a few months ago)

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I think we will eventually find out that even the +9 map with a normal driver (not over aggressive) these cars are still going to last a very very long time....given the fact there are examples of around 300 whp factory long blocks and near 400 lb ft of torque and they are holding which is phenomenal.

Here is a question that may be another thread. Has anyone found a power limit for the SI longblock yet? I have not seen anything even before I left honda as a service advisor for them for 2 years (left to go to lexus a few months ago)
i drive aggressive a lot. its an si, its supposed to be driven aggressively. if we get the ecu flashed only to force us to drive more conservatively, then thats no good.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
semantics....I know what your saying. what Im talking about is a max tuned stock car with a new driver flogging the piss out of it (multiple back to back 5th gear pulls with 5 people in the car type of driving)

Trust me I take care of the car but I do use it for why I purchased it. All Im saying is with common sense I dont think you could hurt them with the stock turbo and flash programming.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In your honest opinion how much more power did you feel with the +6 calibration. Very noticeable or slightly?

Quite a noticeable difference. I want to dial it down, but it's just so much fun!

Quite noticeable bump over +6. I know I could prolong the life of my clutch with +9, but the power bump is too addicting! I uploaded the +6 a little while back just to see if I could feel the drop, and sure did. Remapped to +9 after that one drive :)

I've never launched any car so you could say lack of experience. I also don't want to experiment putting that much shock on the drivetrain for the extra second's worth of speed.

I see that my tune has the adjustable anti-lag feature but I don't use it. I do use my no-lift-shift occasionally if I'm really getting on it from 2nd gear and up.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Quite a noticeable difference. I want to dial it down, but it's just so much fun!

Quite noticeable bump over +6. I know I could prolong the life of my clutch with +9, but the power bump is too addicting! I uploaded the +6 a little while back just to see if I could feel the drop, and sure did. Remapped to +9 after that one drive :)

I've never launched any car so you could say lack of experience. I also don't want to experiment putting that much shock on the drivetrain for the extra second's worth of speed.

I see that my tune has the adjustable anti-lag feature but I don't use it. I do use my no-lift-shift occasionally if I'm really getting on it from 2nd gear and up.
thanks for the info. ill be getting my flashpro today and start with the +6 calibration first. what is the anti lag feature?

donald.durand

Think Different
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how com you dont use the NLS?

I just don't drive hard often but like another has said it is nice from 2nd on up, I think I mostly just forget I have the feature and am just so used to letting off the clutch. After reading some of the other posts, I'm thinking tomorrow I'll reflash with the +9psi

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I just don't drive hard often but like another has said it is nice from 2nd on up, I think I mostly just forget I have the feature and am just so used to letting off the clutch. After reading some of the other posts, I'm thinking tomorrow I'll reflash with the +9psi
does the +6 feel weak to you?

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I noticed Hondata refers to their tunes as +6psi and +9psi.

Ktuner refers to their tunes as 19.5psi and 23psi.

Which Tuner offers the most boost?

Is Hondata's +9psi equal to Ktuners 23psi ??
Sponsored