How many kms/miles do you get on a full tank?

Marcy161

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys, just curious how many kms do you get when you have a full tank? My trip computer says I can go 650 km
Sponsored

Bugman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get 400-430 in mixed driving, depending upon how heavy my right foot is during that tank.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
According to Fuelly, the 2016, 2017 Civic gets 34.5 miles to the US gallon.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic

Fuel capacity is 12.39 US gallons.
34.5 * 12.39 = 427 miles per tank (completely full to completely empty) in mixed driving.
427 miles = 687 kilometers.

539 km = 336 miles mostly highway is all that I got on my first tank.
I never get anywhere close to what others claim.
This is true for all of the vehicles that I have ever owned.

Last edited:

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I get about 650 km with a mix of city and highway. I mostly take it easy. The one tank that was almost all city and sport mode was around 400.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
According to Fuelly, the 2016, 2017 Civic gets 34.5 miles to the US gallon.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic

Fuel capacity is 12.39 US gallons.
34.5 * 12.39 = 427 miles per tank (completely full to completely empty) in mixed driving.
427 miles = 687 kilometers.

539 km = 336 miles mostly highway is all that I got on my first tank.
I never get anywhere close to what others claim.
This is true for all of the vehicles that I have ever owned.
It definitely depends on your driving style and other factors too. If you floor it at every light or gun it whenever you’re next to someone on the expressway, your mpg will suffer. Weather, tire pressure, trip all contribute too.

Shortly after tuning with hondata, my mpg suffered big time. It was mostly because I kept driving like a maniac lol. The novelty wore off and now I’m back to driving like a sane person (for the most part).

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just under 400 on a tank if I run her pretty dry.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Around 400 to 410 miles is what the computer tells me I can go, but I am OCD and I never let the tank fall below half full (usually fill it up sooner than when it hits half empty). A lot of this is also due to my car having to be outside in the extreme weather because I don't have a garage.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
It definitely depends on your driving style and other factors too. If you floor it at every light or gun it whenever you’re next to someone on the expressway, your mpg will suffer. Weather, tire pressure, trip all contribute too.

Shortly after tuning with hondata, my mpg suffered big time. It was mostly because I kept driving like a maniac lol. The novelty wore off and now I’m back to driving like a sane person (for the most part).
I don't "floor it". The tire pressure is where it is supposed to be. I stay close to the speed limit, the weather was warm and dry and I drove mostly on secondary highways in light traffic. I still only got about 27 miles to the US gallon. I expect that will drop under more normal conditions.

As I said, I NEVER get anywhere close to the mileage that others claim. I only averaged about 20 mpg on my 2001 Civic (mostly city driving).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OK, so this is about the one billionth gas mileage thread isn't it?

Look everyone, threads of this kind are a bit useless. It all depends on where you live, how you drive, the weather, the elevation, the octane, highway vs. city, the speed you drive at, the amount of stop lights you hit... the variable goes on and on.

Here's what's a fact. The 10th gen Civic can get incredible mileage under the right conditions and with a light foot. Hybrid-like MPG. But, like the old saying goes, YMMV ... literally. ;)

The other problem is that when someone posts they average 47MPG a tankful, the guy getting 36MPG is wondering WTF is wrong with his car. You just can't compare MPG unless you drive the exact same route, under the exact conditions... at the exact speeds.

Last edited:

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
OK, so this is about the one billionth gas mileage thread isn't it?

Look everyone, threads of this kind are a bit useless. It all depends on where you live, how you drive, the weather, the elevation, the octane, highway vs. city, the speed you drive at, the amount of stop lights you hit... the variable goes on and on.

Here's what's a fact. The 10th gen Civic can get incredible mileage under the right conditions and with a light foot. Hybrid-like MPG. But, like the old saying goes, YMMV ... literally. ;)

The other problem is that when someone posts they average 47MPG a tankful, the guy getting 36MPG is wondering WTF is wrong with his car. You just can't compare MPG unless you drive the exact same route, under the exact conditions... at the exact speeds.

I strongly suspect that there is a lot of exaggeration on the internet with respect to claimed fuel mileage.
The manufacturer's numbers are used to market their vehicles and are usually an exaggeration of the real world numbers that we should expect. If people claim that they get what the manufacturer rates their car's mileage as, they are probably exaggerating.

"Thousands of models are 30% worse on average when measuring miles per gallon in real-world conditions, according to comprehensive new data"
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...wo-cars-deliver-advertised-mileage-tests-show

I have seen a guy claim on the internet that he gets 50 miles to the US gallon in mixed driving on his Honda VFR 1200. That is a 600 lb plus motorcycle with 160 Horsepower and a shaft drive. Motorcycles with half as much power and are 100 lbs lighter don't get 50 mpg. The VFR 1200 only gets about 35 mpg if you go easy on the throttle.

A lot of the frustration from people like me is that when they see people claiming that they get the same mileage as the Car Manufacturers get in their lab conditions, it makes us think that we have something wrong with our cars or that there is something wrong with the way that we drive.

Take internet claims of fuel mileage with a grain of salt. Especially if they match or exceed the manufacturer's claims. If you get 20% to 30% worse mileage than what you see on the internet, there is nothing wrong with your car or the way that you drive. In the CivicX, expect 20 to 25 mpg in urban driving, 30 to 40 mpg highway and 25 to 32 mpg combined (50-50 urban/highway).
Sponsored

Last edited: