type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
Got my Si a week ago, already 1000KM on it. Wondering how long I should wait before tuning? The rev hang is pretty narly.

Can anyone actually show an example of where they had a warranty issue where the dealer refused a warranty task cause of the tune? People talk about it but I've never actually seen anyone get in a big situation.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any base map from <your_favorite_ecu_tuner> will improve driveability. I'd say anytime after break-in period? Just reflash to factory map before going to the dealer for any electrical service. Or you can leave the aftermarket tune in place and always instruct dealer to first get your approval before performing any ECU update. Some wait for the factory warranty expiry before modding but I digress. There's no wrong answer here, just personal preference.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Si a week ago, already 1000KM on it. Wondering how long I should wait before tuning? The rev hang is pretty narly.
I would go ahead and get a Ktuner now. I got a Ktuner from Vit and it included a free tune that is wonderful. Vit doesn't do that now but MAPrefromance does. Even with a tune you can go easy on driving to break in the clutch and still enjoy the drivability of the tune.

Last edited:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i waited 4k miles. the stock tune sucks. also, even after flashing back to stock the dealer may still be able to see that youve flashed in the past. if you have a major warranty repair issue, theyll look deeper into the ecu and find out. just letting you k ow there is still risk.

OP
OP
type_r_wannabe

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I would go ahead and get a Ktuner now. I got a Ktuner from Vit and it included a free tune that is wonderful. Vit doesn't do that now but MAPrefromance does. Even with a tune you can go easy on driving to break in the clutch and still enjoy the drivability of the tune.
hondata?

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think MAPreformance sells Hondata also. I would recommend Ktuner though as it as more options for midrange adjustments for drivability. Ktuner is also cheaper.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Can anyone actually show an example of where they had a warranty issue where the dealer refused a warranty task cause of the tune? People talk about it but I've never actually seen anyone get in a big situation.
A flashpro will make a night and day difference for sure. I would suggest get to know your car as a stock form and from there see what you want to do to improve your car with aftermarket parts! :)

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
A flashpro will make a night and day difference for sure. I would suggest get to know your car as a stock form and from there see what you want to do to improve your car with aftermarket parts! :)
I installed Ktuner at 5000kms on the dot to make sure i was past the break in of the clutch and knew how the car would handle normally. Ktuner/Hondata make a NOTICEABLE difference and i think its important to know what the suspension and brakes can take before tuning. Well worth the money and definitely should be everyone's first mod!

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed Ktuner at 5000kms on the dot to make sure i was past the break in of the clutch and knew how the car would handle normally. Ktuner/Hondata make a NOTICEABLE difference and i think its important to know what the suspension and brakes can take before tuning. Well worth the money and definitely should be everyone's first mod!
Its the best bang for the buck modification you can get for this car definitely. I just couldn't belive this little ECU can do so much. I plugged it into my car, flashed, went for a drive and was shocked.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I waited a week before getting the ktuner (flashed 19/23). Then 5 more days before flashing the Vit stage 1 tune.
I have not had any issues and i drive in sport all the time and very spirited. It is also a mountainous area so i am ofen well into boost.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I'm probably going to wait until the car has been out for a couple years at least. It's a whole new platform and if there are going to be problems I'd rather let the rest of you find out about them first :D
Sponsored

Reactions: Car