How long do I have before warranty won’t cover these two “issues”?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I don’t know if they are really issues, or if I’m just being too picky.
Anyway, I just got the car brand new two weeks ago, and the car has about 600 miles on it now.
The first issue is that I see an uneven gap between the front of the hood and the top bumper panel when looking at the car straight on.
The second is that I would like them to check the alignment and/or the tires because the car doesn’t have a good center to it when on the highway.
Wonders slightly.
How long should I wait to have these things looked at?
Sponsored

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t know if they are really issues, or if I’m just being too picky.
Anyway, I just got the car brand new two weeks ago, and the car has about 600 miles on it now.
The first issue is that I see an uneven gap between the front of the hood and the top bumper panel when looking at the car straight on.
The second is that I would like them to check the alignment and/or the tires because the car doesn’t have a good center to it when on the highway.
Wonders slightly.
How long should I wait to have these things looked at?
its under warranty if you think its a problem dont wait. i would have took mine back the same day i noticed it

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
its under warranty if you think its a problem dont wait. i would have took mine back the same day i noticed it
Agreed. Tire and alignment issues are considered normal wear and tear items. So you have to prove it was that way when you bought the car.

The hood is most likely a simple adjustment, but if you wait then they will say it was due to an accident.

TheOldMan

First Name
J. F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mini Convertible, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed. Tire and alignment issues are considered normal wear and tear items. So you have to prove it was that way when you bought the car.

The hood is most likely a simple adjustment, but if you wait then they will say it was due to an accident.
Alignment is covered for the first 15,000 miles. Mine was fine until they had to replace a bad bearing seal on one of the axles (which should not have affected the alignment) but I noticed the moment I drove the car off of the lot. I immediately returned and made an appointment.
Sponsored