How important is ceramic coating on downpipe?

dxbydt

First Name
Ian Holm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just installed a PRL downpipe and I'm now reading a number of people saying to get a turbo blanket and the downpipe either heat wrapped or ceramic coated. How important is it to have the downpipe coated? It would be a real pain to have to take the downpipe off again and have it shipped off and back again just to be coated. If I were to get my DP coated, how important would it be to also get the FP coated?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
if you track.. then blanket \ ceramic coat \ wrap is ideal.. as you will run into over heating issues..

i think if you just daily it and use it normal your fine :)

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi Ian, it s depends of the weather , the ambiance temperatures if is below to 60 -65 degrees you will be fine, is mostly for the people who do track days and lives on hot weather like me, (Florida all the time 80-90 some times 98 degrees) What is happens is witch that kind of weather the car loose like 40 or 60 horse power, you feel the car dead, without power like heavy when you heavy accelerated and is not fun .. The other good option, you can wrap with a lava material used for exhaust , let me put a picture for example...

Honda Civic 10th gen How important is ceramic coating on downpipe? IMG_4054.JPG

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi Ian, it s depends of the weather , the ambiance temperatures if is below to 60 -65 degrees you will be fine, is mostly for the people who do track days and lives on hot weather like me, (Florida all the time 80-90 some times 98 degrees) What is happens is witch that kind of weather the car loose like 40 or 60 horse power, you feel the car dead, without power like heavy when you heavy accelerated and is not fun .. The other good option, you can wrap with a lava material used for exhaust , let me put a picture for example...

IMG_4054.JPG
are those plastic zip ties? shouldn't they be steel ones?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
are those plastic zip ties? shouldn't they be steel ones?
Sure, I post the picture as a sample, not mine, probably he put zip ties just for fix the whole wrap while he work on that but should be metal clamps instead.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
sweet. i went with rv6 coated dp and front pipe:) waiting on them to arrive!
Rv6 Was my first option when I was researching downpipe, I really like the way is designed and them I found GRP, but I really like Rv6.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rv6 Was my first option when I was researching downpipe, I really like the way is designed and them I found GRP, but I really like Rv6.
i know what you mean. I bought the R400 and like the DP enough i also pre ordered then front now i an extra front pipe .. i debated wrapping it but then with the price of the pre order i was like its okkkk. lol

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
i know what you mean. I bought the R400 and like the DP enough i also pre ordered then front now i an extra front pipe .. i debated wrapping it but then with the price of the pre order i was like its okkkk. lol
If you wrap it would be better, the front pipe goes under the gearbox, and all the heat witch low speed traffic go to the engine bay.. Less heat better.. also the transmission oil wouldn't be so hot.
Sponsored