how eager to know are you?

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
I'm about a 6.... I still got my minty 8th gen to keep me entertained. If the new SI does not get the 2.0t however I will never even consider buying one lol.

samking1489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen SI
I'm at 9, I got a 8th gen Si and I love it. If the new Si has heated seats, good stereo, 2l turbo, 6 speed manual lsd and that amazing driving feeling I get in the 8th gen. Why the hell should I consider not buying one hehe

To me it will possibly be the best Si ever made. Can't wait for final details and test drive it

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
I'm at a 7.5 or 8...Starting to considering some other cars out there too...like the Mini Clubman S for its size and utility...but I think once the SI details are revealed...my enthusiasm will increase again. This long process for new info on the Civic SI is just sooo draining!

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I'm about a 7.5 for the Si but about a 10 for the hatchback. I was looking at the Subaru Impreza but don't really like all the potential headaches involved with AWD systems. Now i'm just waiting on renders and engine packages for the hatchback. If they only offer turbo motors then i will get an Accord. I want to stay NA for as long as possible. If the Si sedan comes with a DCT or CVT i may consider that as an option as well.

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
5 since I already ordered an EX-T assuming that the SI would only be available with a manual tranny which wouldn't work for me given the traffic I usually encounter. Not sure what I would do if Honda surprises everyone and offers some sort of an auto tranny with the SI.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Maybe a 5 or a 6, I am not expecting it to be over 250hp at the most. It will be a low 14 second car most likely, which moves it to the middle of the pack in this space.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I'm a die hard Honda guy. I've had several including Integra R's and follow the company pretty heavy. I'm super pumped about the Si and the R.

That said, I recently got rid of my 9th gen Si after potential theft on it twice within 8 months of ownership, and naturally I'm worried about ownership again.

The Si needs to be really good for me to jump back into the 'Honda game'. If I buy the R, it will be a secondary vehicle for me.

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
... I recently got rid of my 9th gen Si after potential theft on it twice within 8 months of ownership, and naturally I'm worried about ownership again. ...
Is the SI a greater theft target than the regular Civic models?

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Is the SI a greater theft target than the regular Civic models?
The engine and transmission from the Si are desirable, yes. A non-salvage titled (due to theft) Integra R in the US is quite rare, unfortunately.

Honda continues to be at the top for most stolen vehicle in the US, though vehicle theft is at an all time low. I expect the trend to continue.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
I guess I'm at a 6. I was super excited but the lack of info and the possible long time frame is causing me to look at other vehicles. I have several months until I need to get a new car but I like to look and think over my decisions very thoroughly and I'm having to do that with other cars right now. Still deciding; though the Si is still high on my list it is hard to be super excited about something with no information.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I guess I'm at a 6. I was super excited but the lack of info and the possible long time frame is causing me to look at other vehicles. I have several months until I need to get a new car but I like to look and think over my decisions very thoroughly and I'm having to do that with other cars right now. Still deciding; though the Si is still high on my list it is hard to be super excited about something with no information.
Couldn't agree more. Details of what is being worked on would be awesome. At this point, we have to assume it will be mediocre like gen 8 & 9 were. We have yet to hear anything different that is confirmed. Turbo? Sport seats? larger brakes? real limited slip diff?

martgsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3 / evo X totaled / Time attack integra Type R
I'm at 10 !! I had several honda before ... fg2, rsx-s 05, integra, ek ... now i have an evo X. but a good package SI with 230hp could get me back into Honda !

10GCivicSi_Vs_5GPrelude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Honda Prelude
On a scale from 1-10 (1 being not much and 10 being super duper extremely eager) how eager are you to know the true specs of the new 2016 Honda Civic Si?

I'm at 10
I'm at 8. I'm pretty sure the car will be competent and reasonably fast so the things I'm really anxious to learn about are the steering (whether nice and heavy & tight like my 'lude or light & loose & sloppy (I.e. absolute garbage and a disgrace) like all recent-model Accord coupes - this will be make or break), and in the will-I-love-it-or-just-like-it category we have exterior colour and wheel choices, and interior leather/fabric and color choices.
Sponsored