How does the traffic and live conditions function work on the navigation?

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I am just wondering how does the live traffic conditions and live navigation work?

I have siriusxm subscription, does it make it work?

If it works independently, where does it get the data from? Is there a $ (charge) for future usage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
saminder

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
It's included in the Garmin navi. Data comes from satellite, with regular GPS data. No $.
So does it mean that my car's GPS has the feature to update live traffic for lifetime?

I have a garmin gps for old my old car and it does not update the live traffic etc. Does it mean that the gps device needs to have the live update feature?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
So does it mean that my car's GPS has the feature to update live traffic for lifetime?

I have a garmin gps for old my old car and it does not update the live traffic etc. Does it mean that the gps device needs to have the live update feature?
I assume information for standalone garmin applies to Honda's systems

http://www8.garmin.com/traffic/

GARYL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It's included in the Garmin navi. Data comes from satellite, with regular GPS data. No $.
Are you sure ??? I just purchased a 2016 Civic Touring and I don't see any traffic indicators like I do in Google Maps - Red or yellow roads

OP
OP
saminder

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Are you sure ??? I just purchased a 2016 Civic Touring and I don't see any traffic indicators like I do in Google Maps - Red or yellow roads
There is a section when you u use the maps where you can check live conditions. I have checked it and that's why i started this thread.
Sponsored