How do you rate the available Type-R intakes?

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I am looking at a Mishimoto intake currently but I am wondering what you guys think that have other available intakes also. I want some drama and sound but I do not want to add heatsoak and no sound is worth that. Since intakes have been out for a bit, what is your take on the available options right this minute?
Sponsored

CTtypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
the stock box looks really good. I'm not sure there's an actual benefit to an aftermarket intake outside of some more whooshing noises. I'm probably just going to get a K&N drop in filter.

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
I think at the moment the Eventuri is the best (and most expensive) because it has a secondary inlet which provides extra air....

pauljimags14

First Name
Paul Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R (Championship White)
Country flag
there are more intakes coming soon like blitz, prl, hks etc. i currently have the mishimoto and im satisfied with the sound it makes wooosh~

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Is the Mishimoto quite noticable in normal driving or is it under aggressive that it sounds good? The videos are hard to hear.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the mishimoto and like it. The intake and an intercooler were my first 2 upgrades. If you are patient I would wait to see what PRL is about to bring to the table it looks real solid. Not sure what their price point going to be though.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
There are not enough gains to justify spending 1000+ on an intake. The only reason to get those would be to make your engine bay look pretty with carbon fiber. The eventuri has a second inlet but to take full advantage of it you would need a tune. But not sure if the gains would still outweigh the price tag.

few35t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR CTR, 2010 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m waiting for PRL but Mishimoto is probably a great option also. Eventuri would be my first choice but $1500 is way out of the question.

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
To be honest man intakes do not generate a lot of horsepower just sound. The K&N drop in filter truley is enough for just sound. I have been racing and modifying turbo cars since i was 16. The real power in these cars is the tuning whether that be Hondata or Ktuner. Again PRL makes a great product and so do the other top company's already mention. But at the end of the day there just noise makers thats about it. Again to pay a 1000 dollars for a intake is completely ridiculous read the forums and make the decision that applies to your application. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
To be honest man intakes do not generate a lot of horsepower just sound. The K&N drop in filter truley is enough for just sound..
The Mishimoto dyno claims on the intake aren't real? If I can get the same sound out of a K&N I will just do that.

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
The Mishimoto dyno claims on the intake aren't real? If I can get the same sound out of a K&N I will just do that.
Intakes make power just not that much to really notice it. I currently run a PRL intake tube and a drop in filter. My car dynoed 286whp and 271 tq with nothing done. After i installed a Hondata base flash with no tuning and the car made 331whp and 361 tq and yes at the time the filter was on but no tube.

Honda Civic 10th gen How do you rate the available Type-R intakes? 20180824_125844-1164x873

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
How much did you pay for Hondata? Those are impressive gains.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The tunes themselves are free but you have to buy a flash pro and send your ECU to hondata or buy the ktuner unit and send your ECU to ktuner. Both are really good and reliable. I would tune before I did anything if I were to do it all over again.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I personally wouldnt spend my money on any of the more pricier intakes that are currently available. For under $200 you can get the PRL tube with the filter. eBay has been having all these spring discounts where you could possible getting it for under retail. For the money I think it's the best option as you will get the woosh sound and the car will feel a little more peppy and ready to go.
Sponsored