How do you all clean/ dust the instrument cluster plastic?

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Hey all- wondering how you all go about cleaning / dusting the clear plastic that covers the gauge cluster?

The plastic in my VW was very soft and I never found a safe method.. I landed on a soft microfiber from Adams and some of their detail spray.. but still got a few swirls.. (only visible in direct sun)

Is the plastic used in the civic any better? How do you all go about cleaning it?

Appreciate it!
Sponsored

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The important part in cleaning that area is to ensure there is no debris (dust, etc). If you have a hand Swiffer, you can easily remove dust from that area. If you want to take it a step further, then after using the Swiffer, spray a dash cleaner (Turtle makes one) that leaves no residue/streaks, and very gently wipe the area dry. There is no need to press hard when drying the area. I haven’t had a need except once to use a spray to clean so far in the past year. The Swiffer picks up the dust so easily.

Honda Civic 10th gen How do you all clean/ dust the instrument cluster plastic? vkFC1t9

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Tbh the plastic on the instrument cluster isn’t soft, I have yet to see any swirl marks on mine as long as you use a clean microfiber tower and some sort of interior spray cleaner to keep it lubricated you should be fine. Never clean in circles, always clean in one direction. Up & down or side to side

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Tbh the plastic on the instrument cluster isn’t soft, I have yet to see any swirl marks on mine as long as you use a clean microfiber tower and some sort of interior spray cleaner to keep it lubricated you should be fine. Never clean in circles, always clean in one direction. Up & down or side to side
The Good news: The cost of a complete replacement Transparent part of the Instrument cluster is not that high -- approx $35
The Bad News: Total PITA to swap out yourself, and a small fortune if the Dealer does it .

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Keep a microfiber towel in glove box. No liquid needed...

OP
OP
20ABM06MT

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Appreciate all the suggestions- happy to hear you all haven’t had issues!

ipin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a car since 2016. On the plastic there are spots that I just can’t wipe off.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hey all- wondering how you all go about cleaning / dusting the clear plastic that covers the gauge cluster?

The plastic in my VW was very soft and I never found a safe method.. I landed on a soft microfiber from Adams and some of their detail spray.. but still got a few swirls.. (only visible in direct sun)

Is the plastic used in the civic any better? How do you all go about cleaning it?

Appreciate it!

i don't clean it. I leave it as it is.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Foam glass cleaner for lubrication and clean plush microfiber.

CPA1989

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dust the plastic weekly with a microfiber cloth. Haven't had need to use a solution yet, but I'd recommend Meguiar's Ultimate Interior Quik Detailer. I use it about monthly and it cleans up the interior really nicely. Its safe if it gets on the touch screen a little too.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use a microfiber towel to get the dust off and a soft bristle paint brush to get in the cracks. Works great for all the little cracks in the interior.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Dunk a microfiber towel in a bucket of ONR (diluted 1:256)

Best way to lightly clean an interior and get rid of dust without imparting scratches

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I use the disposable Swiffer duster as they're excellent at picking up dust and dirt. Then I wipe it down with an interior cleaner and a clean microfiber towel.
Sponsored