How can I tell I got the Si engine tuning?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Go to the dealership and test drive the EX-T. I have driven it before and you can feel the difference in power, it isn't a huge difference but can definitely feel it.
I agree with this ^.

I think it was a couple weeks between driving a Touring and an Si for me, when I did it. The Touring felt fine and fast and whatever but then the Si, which I bought, felt twitchy, like it was just itching to go faster. Engine/throttle response felt much quicker to me. I'm not sure how much of an effect CVT versus stick shift makes that difference, but the CVT felt slow to wind up, where, beyond 3000 rpm the Si just screamed up to redline.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Even with stock RevHang still there, most of what you felt is due to transmission, though not 100%. Try a base LX manual, if you can find one anywhere.

OP
OP
babinjm

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Go to the dealership and test drive the EX-T. I have driven it before and you can feel the difference in power, it isn't a huge difference but can definitely feel it.
Down here in Louisiana, it is very difficult to find a non Si Civic with a manual transmission. When I was shopping around, I didn’t find one EX-T sedan with a manual transmission. I drove a Civic Sport Hatchback with a manual and an Si (not the one I purchased which was months later) the same day and you could definitely tell the difference. My car does not seem to have the same oomph of the tester that day m. I purchased it when it was still en route as it was the color I wanted-Lunar Silver. I know I am just being paranoid and am still breaking it in so I haven’t pushed it hard yet. It just passed 600 Miles today. Thanks everyone for the responses, and I seriously was not trying to pull anyones leg.

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Down here in Louisiana, it is very difficult to find a non Si Civic with a manual transmission. When I was shopping around, I didn’t find one EX-T sedan with a manual transmission. I drove a Civic Sport Hatchback with a manual and an Si (not the one I purchased which was months later) the same day and you could definitely tell the difference. My car does not seem to have the same oomph of the tester that day m. I purchased it when it was still en route as it was the color I wanted-Lunar Silver. I know I am just being paranoid and am still breaking it in so I haven’t pushed it hard yet. It just passed 600 Miles today. Thanks everyone for the responses, and I seriously was not trying to pull anyones leg.
Go to dealer and ask them to check to see if they put the right engine in. Maybe the tech save the engine for himself, who knows.
/s

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just for shits and giggles, I typed "manufacturer put wrong engine in new car" in a Google search. There were no relevant results.

OP, rest assured you have the proper engine and tune. Have fun with your Si, it's a great car. :thumbsup:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Weather makes a difference, fuel makes a difference. Also power doesn't actually come on at 2,100, despite what the Honda lit says. Look at a dyno of a stock tune. It comes on more like 2,750-3,000, which is true to my experience. https://www.civicx.com/threads/prl-motorsports-project-snow-white.12424/#post-227218

Make sure you have 91 or 93 octane in there. It will also feel better when it stops being SO DAMN HOT OUTSIDE. I'm sure it is the same in LA as in SC. It will feel better in the fall when the temps finally start coming back down.

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Hi,

I have a question. If you flash back to stock how long does it take for the sensors to turn on? I have tried flashing my car to the stock tune a few times but for some reason, only 2 out of the 6 sensors are on. The o2 sensor is off along with a few other ones. Does anyone here know how to turn on the sensors and get them to the ready state?

Thanks,
Ani
Sponsored