Maxara Faxa

First Name
Maxara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey guys, so after being rear ended twice, the second time being the dealership service department valet service...they offered to fix the damages for free. All they had to do was fix the trunk door and change the bumper.

Fast forward 3 weeks later, after much nagging they finally rushed my car and got it ready.... but when I inspected the work, i noticed that the trunk door is a bit out of place. But what's worse of all is that I found out that the bumper they put in was an after market bumper and not OEM. I know because of this thin indent line where the bumper meets the quarter panel.

How bad are after market parts? Are they really cheap plastic waiting to crack like they say? How upset should I be about this...or should i just shrug it off?

What happened to this car already broke my heart... but i guess that's what happens when you get too attached to physical objects.

Honda Civic 10th gen How bad are after market body parts? 20190625_113203

Honda Civic 10th gen How bad are after market body parts? 20190625_113247

Honda Civic 10th gen How bad are after market body parts? 20190625_113528

Honda Civic 10th gen How bad are after market body parts? 20190625_113610

Honda Civic 10th gen How bad are after market body parts? Screenshot_20190625-113952_Messages

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Typically insurance won't pay for OEM if there are aftermarket options available. For instance, when I had front end damage to my Highlander, the bumper and front quarter panel were replaced w/ aftermarket. Looked completely fine to me. I did ask for the headlight to be OEM and when the shop put through the quote to the insurance company, they didn't question it. (My insurance has always been great to work with). To me it sounds like shoddy repair work overall. Notice the gap on the left tail light near the bottom of the trunk is wider than at the top. Take it back to the shop and discuss. If they are unwilling to make it right, talk to your insurance company about recourse. They are getting paid to put your car back to pre-accident condition. If a shop is warned that they'll lose an insurance company's repair work, they'll likely change their tune.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Go under the rear of the car an see if you can see a Honda label or part number. Yes aftermarket parts are pretty bad. But there are levels of bad there are CAPA certified parts which are in the middle

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a lot wrong with this repair, I would bring it back ASAP

HellaBagged

HellaBagged
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, so after being rear ended twice, the second time being the dealership service department valet service...they offered to fix the damages for free. All they had to do was fix the trunk door and change the bumper.

Fast forward 3 weeks later, after much nagging they finally rushed my car and got it ready.... but when I inspected the work, i noticed that the trunk door is a bit out of place. But what's worse of all is that I found out that the bumper they put in was an after market bumper and not OEM. I know because of this thin indent line where the bumper meets the quarter panel.

How bad are after market parts? Are they really cheap plastic waiting to crack like they say? How upset should I be about this...or should i just shrug it off?

What happened to this car already broke my heart... but i guess that's what happens when you get too attached to physical objects.

20190625_113203.jpg

20190625_113247.jpg

20190625_113528.jpg

20190625_113610.jpg

Screenshot_20190625-113952_Messages.jpg
Damn, that is a shitty story. After market parts are something you have to REALLY do your research on. Most of the time, the price justifies your quality. That is, MOST of the time.
Sponsored