First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
265/35ZR-18 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S XL
Where do I want to start for PSI for the track on a hot day in SC?
Where do I want to end up straight off the track on a hot day in SC?
Hit the paddock - take a reading - bleed off to ________ PSI.
Thanks
Sponsored

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Similar question, running stock all-seasons on the Si. This weekend I brought the fronts up to 42 hot, based on chalking, but had to drop the rears down to 29 hot before they even hinted at rolling. Anyone else have that issue?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hot Tire Pressures ? IMG_3731 (1).JPG

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
I am having trouble understanding why everyone here recommends running such high tire pressures. All my fastest runs this year have been with tire pressures ranging from 30-35 psi hot.

I have tried running higher pressures around 37-40 psi square front to back and also a few times with more psi out back to help coax the car to rotate. Car never felt right to me and as soon as I drop the pressures the chassis feels more communicative and I experience far less understeer. Guess its time to get a tire pyrometer if i really want to get serious about things.

FYI these statements are made while running 245/45/17 Falken Azenis RT615K+ on 17x8 wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Road Atlanta 2 weeks ago temperature range 48 to 58 pushing pretty hard started at 31 and found hot off the track to be 35 - 37 bled the 37 to 35 and ran hot 35 the rest of the time.
Tires were screaming in a few places but not lacking grip or getting slippery on me.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I think most of the higher recommendations in this forum are for the Rival S or re71r for autocross use.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Road Atlanta 2 weeks ago temperature range 48 to 58 pushing pretty hard started at 31 and found hot off the track to be 35 - 37 bled the 37 to 35 and ran hot 35 the rest of the time.
Tires were screaming in a few places but not lacking grip or getting slippery on me.
Was that 35 psi hot square front to back?

I think most of the higher recommendations in this forum are for the Rival S or re71r for autocross use.
This make sense now. I know the Falkens aren't the hottest tire out right now, but I got too good a deal on these not to give them a shot. Next season I am going to get a tire pyrometer to better set my pressures and not be guessing around so much.

OP
OP

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can't remember exactly but I think the biggest difference was about 3 pounds higher RF to LR.

I care about getting things to work well and I did check them multiple times but I don't keep a notebook or anything.

Not anywhere near as dramatic a difference as when the actual track surface temperature was 100+ in August at AMP a much more tight-twisty track.
Sponsored