Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just came across this. It honestly looks like a muffler deleted stock exhaust with 3 inch piping and the center resonator attached. I really like the sound! Has anyone heard this in person yet?

Sponsored

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still waiting for Akrapovic to step up and make us one.

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just came across this. It honestly looks like a muffler deleted stock exhaust with 3 inch piping and the center resonator attached. I really like the sound! Has anyone heard this in person yet?

Agreed and looks like alot of drone too

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
The sound actually reminds me of a 3 tipped version of the HKS Legamax (which continues to frustrate me with their insistence on a 2 tip version)

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hooker BlackHeart BH7301 Cat-Back Exhaust System for 17-20 Honda Civic Type R

Hey Folks , I know this is old, but I really want to try another exhaust, I really wanted to get something different but at the same time low price range. I decided to give it chance to this exhaust system principally because it has a cancelation resonator called Helmholtz. This configuration cancels mostly in cabin sound we all call drone specially when you are coasting . The OEM exhaust used the same principle and basically this aftermarket exhaust system the design is pretty much the same.

Price rage $1399

Sound : The tone is not deep bass , is more mid range frequency similar to Miltek or those type of exhaust with une large muffler dead end chamber. The sound level with catless downpipe is pretty loud, does not sound loud when is idle but cruising is no quite I would describe mid tone and very loud if hit it. This exhaust system has a minimal drone at 3000 RPM , I can describe more like exhaust sound, because coming from outside, coasting no drone at all or vibrations.

Exhaust quality: I would describe as great quality, nice welding and finish. I really like the transition of the piping and the resonator is high quality filled with metallic damping material.

Fitment: Easy to install, you have a lot of flexibility for the installation.

Packing: All the pieces were very well wrapped and everything well protected. One box not too big.

Weight : OEM exhaust : 38.8lb

Hooker BlackHeart : 38.9lb

Here some videos and pictures:

elding and finish

First startup after installation

First driving

Cold start next day

Driving cabin sound

Driving around driver window roll down.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1711.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1712.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1713.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1715.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1717.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1720.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1721.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1729.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1730.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1732.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Hooker Blackheart Exhaust for FK8 Type R IMG_1739.JPG

specter86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx, CTR arrives in Jan!
Country flag
Hooker BlackHeart BH7301 Cat-Back Exhaust System for 17-20 Honda Civic Type R

Hey Folks , I know this is old, but I really want to try another exhaust, I really wanted to get something different but at the same time low price range. I decided to give it chance to this exhaust system principally because it has a cancelation resonator called Helmholtz. This configuration cancels mostly in cabin sound we all call drone specially when you are coasting . The OEM exhaust used the same principle and basically this aftermarket exhaust system the design is pretty much the same.

Price rage $1399

Sound : The tone is not deep bass , is more mid range frequency similar to Miltek or those type of exhaust with une large muffler dead end chamber. The sound level with catless downpipe is pretty loud, does not sound loud when is idle but cruising is no quite I would describe mid tone and very loud if hit it. This exhaust system has a minimal drone at 3000 RPM , I can describe more like exhaust sound, because coming from outside, coasting no drone at all or vibrations.

Exhaust quality: I would describe as great quality, nice welding and finish. I really like the transition of the piping and the resonator is high quality filled with metallic damping material.

Fitment: Easy to install, you have a lot of flexibility for the installation.

Packing: All the pieces were very well wrapped and everything well protected. One box not too big.

Weight : OEM exhaust : 38.8lb

Hooker BlackHeart : 38.9lb

Here some videos and pictures:

elding and finish

First startup after installation

First driving

Cold start next day

Driving cabin sound

Driving around driver window roll down.

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG
Dude
Thank you so much for this write up and review, I’ve been looking at this exhaust for a bit now but there is nothing but the video out out by hooker. So glad there is a real world review. I’ve been thinking about this cat back because it is different than the normal exhausts others have and it’s basically a OE design but beefed up quite a bit. Anyways thanks for the review- I appreciate it!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
If there is anything the Type-R doesn't need its more exhaust systems.........how many do ya'll want? and its not like number of availability is bringing the prices down. Just wanna go loud huh? lol

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
If there is anything the Type-R doesn't need its more exhaust systems.........how many do ya'll want? and its not like number of availability is bringing the prices down. Just wanna go loud huh? lol
Yes we do everything we can for change the vacune cleaner sound lol ?