DLEGAIR

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Wanted to get some feedback about the type of power gains I can look forward to when I fully upgrade my LX. I know it's a 2.0L NA lol I'm not delusional about numbers here.

Mods that will be done:

Ktuner Flash (Already bought)
RV6 catless downpipe (Ordered already)
AEM intake (I'm not all the way convinced because I've been reading through different posts and it seems to be 50/50 split about the power you gain when installed)

The mod I'm most conflicted about is the exhaust. I've heard a muffler delete is a solid solution over the full exhaust system and I wanted to hear different opinions about it. Would it be better to just to do a muffler delete and aftermarket exhaust tips to get a slightly better sound quality over stock. (Or maybe buy a aftermarket muffler like a cherry blossom along with muffler tips, this is what I'm leaning towards) or just bite the bullet and save up for a full exhaust system. I'm not looking for a super loud sound, something more along the lines of a moderate growl.

Hopefully when it's all said and done I'll up the stock crank HP from 158 to 170-175 range. In the future I hope to get around 200-220 WHP to truly have fun with the car (even though I know this requires a lot more work lol). So your thoughts are appreciated, looking forward to the feedback.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DLEGAIR

DLEGAIR

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So no one has any helpful feedback for me?

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
Wanted to get some feedback about the type of power gains I can look forward to when I fully upgrade my LX. I know it's a 2.0L NA lol I'm not delusional about numbers here.

Mods that will be done:

Ktuner Flash (Already bought)
RV6 catless downpipe (Ordered already)
AEM intake (I'm not all the way convinced because I've been reading through different posts and it seems to be 50/50 split about the power you gain when installed)

The mod I'm most conflicted about is the exhaust. I've heard a muffler delete is a solid solution over the full exhaust system and I wanted to hear different opinions about it. Would it be better to just to do a muffler delete and aftermarket exhaust tips to get a slightly better sound quality over stock. (Or maybe buy a aftermarket muffler like a cherry blossom along with muffler tips, this is what I'm leaning towards) or just bite the bullet and save up for a full exhaust system. I'm not looking for a super loud sound, something more along the lines of a moderate growl.

Hopefully when it's all said and done I'll up the stock crank HP from 158 to 170-175 range. In the future I hope to get around 200-220 WHP to truly have fun with the car (even though I know this requires a lot more work lol). So your thoughts are appreciated, looking forward to the feedback.
Muffler delete feels like it'd be ricey to me, though I've not really considered catless to be an option myself cause reasons. I do have the tune, and it fills out the high RPMs a lot: Hearing vtec come in early is awesome and you do feel the kick when it hits (obviously nothing like the turbo boost kick though). I'm gonna have to do some A/B comparisons on the effect of the tune on the lower/mid end, but so far for the high end it's been nice.

Bought the AEM CAI, but havn't installed cause I wanted to get the tune up and running first. Might do that tomorrow, or the next day

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed the AEM CAI, first of all it's LOUD. Like, normal driving isn't loud or anything but I get a resonance around 4000rpm, and again after vtec kicks in towards 6000ish. VTEC is LOUD AS HELL now. I dont know if it's something loose resonating or something but it was shocking to me how it sounded. It sounds angry, like it's some sort of V6/V8 angry (but not, cause it's an I4 obviously). If the VTEC and 4000rpm wasnt as loud, I'd say it sounded totally badass lol

in terms of power feels, i dont know if it's just my own bias/percpetion but my butt dyno feels like it's gained some pep, even in the lower end

OP
OP
DLEGAIR

DLEGAIR

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Installed the AEM CAI, first of all it's LOUD. Like, normal driving isn't loud or anything but I get a resonance around 4000rpm, and again after vtec kicks in towards 6000ish. VTEC is LOUD AS HELL now. I dont know if it's something loose resonating or something but it was shocking to me how it sounded. It sounds angry, like it's some sort of V6/V8 angry (but not, cause it's an I4 obviously). If the VTEC and 4000rpm wasnt as loud, I'd say it sounded totally badass lol

in terms of power feels, i dont know if it's just my own bias/percpetion but my butt dyno feels like it's gained some pep, even in the lower end
Thanks Bro. I decided to go again'st the muffler delete and get an invidia exhaust. So when it arrives after i order it i'll put that and the downpipe on at the same time as well as drop that intake in as well. Hopefully after everything is installed and ktuner is ran i get a decent power gain and the car becomes more fun to drive.

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Bro. I decided to go again'st the muffler delete and get an invidia exhaust. So when it arrives after i order it i'll put that and the downpipe on at the same time as well as drop that intake in as well. Hopefully after everything is installed and ktuner is ran i get a decent power gain and the car becomes more fun to drive.
Tune+intake definitely makes it fun. I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust my stock ktuner tune to accomodate the intake tho to make me not run too lean
Sponsored