Charlestx2

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si , Acura TL 2003 Type S
Country flag
Are there different versions of hondata that you can get for the 2017 Civic Si? So far I’ve seen hondata (Carb compliable) and regular hondata. Both $690. I want to get the hondata with max options and features to it.
Sponsored

R4y30n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
CARB is the limited version that retains emissions compliance. Get the regular if you want to fiddle with all the settings.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Personally I have the Hondata race version for my 2017 Civic SI, but if I was starting fresh I would probably try the Ktuner V1.2 instead. Costs less, does the same thing, and seems to have a more vocal and active support team behind it.

$0.02

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have the CARB Flashpro and it's only $495 but has limited adjustability. The race version has all the bells and whistles for $695. Also as mentioned consider Ktuner. It's an excellent product with outstanding product support.

OP
OP
Charlestx2

Charlestx2

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si , Acura TL 2003 Type S
Country flag
Question now then is, does KTuner and Hondata FlashPro have the exact same features? What’ are the differences?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question now then is, does KTuner and Hondata FlashPro have the exact same features? What’ are the differences?
They basically do the same thing. I do like the quick adjustments that Ktuner has to improve drivability and the V2 has a convenient touchscreen. But, Hondata is certainly a good product as well. We're lucky to have two quality tuning products for the 10th gen Civic.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
They basically do the same thing. I do like the quick adjustments that Ktuner has to improve drivability and the V2 has a convenient touchscreen. But, Hondata is certainly a good product as well. We're lucky to have two quality tuning products for the 10th gen Civic.
Well and fairly said.

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a Hondata and it does exactly what I need while also leaving me room to actually custom tune my car if need be. Ktuner does the same but also has a screen that can give you extra engine info in case you dont have the gauges such as IAT (intake air temp) and the sort. If you have an android phone, you can use the hondata app and bluetooth connect to the flashpro to do the same thing, but since I'm using an apple phone, my flashpro sometimes leaves me desiring more ability to in-realtime monitor my cars vitals.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an android phone, you can use the hondata app and bluetooth connect to the flashpro to do the same thing, but since I'm using an apple phone, my flashpro sometimes leaves me desiring more ability to in-realtime monitor my cars vitals.
Even cooler, do the Honda Hack and you can have the Hondata app on your infotainment screen live.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata hondata3

MugenCivicX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought the CARB flashpro. Got it to save money because I probably won't do much else performance wise on the car for a WHILE. The +6 with FTS is a great basemap and is very safe. You can't go wrong with either tuner. Both are incredibly powerful tools and we are fortunate to have them at our disposal. The difference after being tuned on just the +6 basemap is incredible!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
See it's nice hearing actual feedback from the forum audience. The delinquents over in the Facebook pages are pure cancer when it comes to actually testing and comparing the product, and giving factual feedback. Too many fanboys, too much noise.

I'm running Hondata +9 by preference, it's plenty power to keep me happy and has been super reliable. My clutch after 7k+ miles of tuned driving doesn't feel any different either so it's a win-win for me. I come from the Euro tuning world... you can buy a JB4 for a few hundred $, or spend a few thousand $ on Dinan... both platforms have their fans. I went Hondata as I've seen them engage on forums with plenty information, they work with plenty of race teams which will frankly run their cars harder in 24 hours than we will in our entire ownership, and that some Honda dealers are now offering to do a +6 tune on your car without affecting your warranty.

I like the K-tuner product too on paper. Good price and features, I just can't say more because I haven't tested it, but I am open to in the future. Not having a screen doesn't really bother me, because I'm enjoying my car, and if I'm going fast I'm not looking at a screen either way. Once I hack my head unit, I'll get the Hondata app on there :)

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just go with the Ktuner, same options but only $449

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even cooler, do the Honda Hack and you can have the Hondata app on your infotainment screen live.

hondata3.jpg
The truth about this is my IAT's are different on both my Ktuner V2 gauge and Hondata's lol even though I know they are the opposite but #'s are different regardless. I have both by the way.
Sponsored