First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic type R, 1997 Civic Ex
Country flag
Whats up everyone!

Recently my FK8 has been throwing random CELs on hondata. I have the newest version updated 9/5/19. I have a FBO and I’ve been running the 93 map with IC/DP/throttle response. I have had no issues for the last 4-5 months since I’ve been running hondata. Also I run e85 occasionally since I have the Sirimoto kit.

These codes come at random. One day it will come on in like 5miles, other days it never comes on. One code has no listing of what it is. The codes that come up are:

P0101 Mass or Volume Circuit Range Performance Problem

P2183 UNKOWN DTC

The mass/volume code has not come on once I cleared it, but I keep getting this unknown DTC. Anyone else experience this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Throwing CEL 689AEB39-8BEF-4DF6-B245-4FC2C19D17B0
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you have a sirimoto flex fuel kit and sometimes run E85 blend but you are running a 93 octane canned tune? Do you have the flex fuel enabled on that canned tune?

P0101 is you maxing out the maf voltage. You can disable that in the tune.

P2183 is your ECT2 sensor not matching the ECT1. During the install of the flex fuel kit, you have to remove the ECT 2 sensor in order for the ecu to recognize the amount of ethanol inside to change your trims. You need to disable the ECT2 codes when you install the flex fuel kit. is it disabled in your tune?

OP
OP
JRoye

JRoye

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I switched tunes when I am not using E85. I first got the codes on the E85 tune, but I’ve had just 93 in it for the past 2 months. So I updated the firmware and software and just uploaded back to the 93 tune. I’ve never put e85 in while on just 93 tune.

I saw that you can disable the first one in the mods list. I do not think I disabled the ect one at all. Whenever I uploaded the flexfuel map, I didn’t add any other modifications besides the traction control launch, and WOT shifting engine cut.

Are the ect automatic disabled when you upload the flex fuel tune?

Also I do see enable flex fuel in the mods list, however I was unsure when to check this. I’ve always just ran the flex fuel tune when I have e85, then switch over to just the 93 tune after my gauge reads 10% ethanol, since we have gas like that here. Also I run pump gas, 10% ethanol with the modification.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
the whole point of flex fuel is so you don't have to bother swapping over tunes though. I think it kind of defeats the purpose of a flex fuel map if your constantly changing maps.

and yes hondata will auto disable the ect 2 code when you click on their flex fuel map.

OP
OP
JRoye

JRoye

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok. I will switch back over. I noticed that the flex fuel support mod is not checked when you chose the flex fuel map. Should this be checked? I will keep this map until I get an actual tune soon! Appreciate the help!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
no need to have flex fuel support enabled if you are running the flex fuel map.
that flex fuel support "mod" is for calibrations that doesn't start as a flex fuel map but you want to use that as a starting point for your flex fuel map.

OP
OP
JRoye

JRoye

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok great! It’s switched over now. No issues. This all started because I was on the flexfuel tune still and it threw a code and I had rev match/emissions CEL. Was curious as to why since I don’t drive it much and all the mods have been done for at least 4 months. I thought switching it to a 93 map would be fine since I don’t run e85 a lot. Thanks for the help!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
just remember.

a rev match emissions pop up is a byproduct of a CEL. Should check what the CEL was for before clearing.
Sponsored