HONDATA NEWBIE

Noki016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback
I have a 2017 honda hatchback LX I ordered hondata flash pro CARB and I’m installing mishimoto intakes my question is should I change my exhaust to a Catback? What should be my tuning with hondata? I’m newbie on all of this all suggestions are accepted. Not looking to race or anything but extra power and sound would be nice
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
With CARB, you only got one choice. So just run the +6 carb map

It's been dyno proven that the stock exhaust flows well enough. so an aftermarket exhaust is not needed.

OP
OP
Noki016

Noki016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's been dyno proven that the stock exhaust flows well enough. so an aftermarket exhaust is not needed.
Thank you for this great input!! I have read that I can swith through +6 tune to normal stock by pressing the ECON button? Is thata automatically uploaded or I need to change the settings from flash pro?

OP
OP
Noki016

Noki016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If I decided to get a magnaflow catback would it make another difference?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Thank you for this great input!! I have read that I can swith through +6 tune to normal stock by pressing the ECON button? Is thata automatically uploaded or I need to change the settings from flash pro?
Honda Civic 10th gen HONDATA NEWBIE upload_2018-4-15_17-7-54

You would need to enable that

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You can do the +3 or +6 base tunes. Down the road, you can play with the torque limit and boost tables on the CARB but don't touch them unless you know what you're doing. You also can use "Hondata mode" which uses to Econ button to switch the tune from stock to the extra boost. Last of all you can remove the 124 MPH speed limiter. I really am enjoying my +6 CARB tuned car. :)

OP
OP
Noki016

Noki016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for another newbie question. Does it need to be in sportsmode to feel the tune? Or how?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You'll have the tune in all modes (unless you do the Hondata mode). S will feel more "powerful" than D because it keeps the rpm's higher and in the meat of the powerband. Of course, driving in S all the time (especially tuned) will kill MPG's if that's a concern.
Sponsored