Brettmx721

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic si hfp
Country flag
So I bought a pre owned hondata, and either i got ripped off or buddy never unlocked it correctly because I cannot lock it to my vehicle without it saying “the VIN does not match the vehicle it is locked to”. I am pretty sour as to how i just spent a big chunk of my money on something that is worth nothing to me. He will not answer his phone either.. and apparently there is no way of unlocking it from my computer, it has to be shipped across the country to the previous owner so he can unlock it. But i guess i cant do that when he doesnt answer his phone!
Sponsored

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Worst case scenario...can Hondata unlock it for a fee. This sort of problem used to happen to Cobb tuning access ports and they can unlock it for a fee.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Worst case scenario...can Hondata unlock it for a fee. This sort of problem used to happen to Cobb tuning access ports and they can unlock it for a fee.
I doubt they would unless the fee was really high, otherwise people would do this all the time to get 2 cars tuned for the price of one Hondata + the fee.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
they will unlock it for a fee last time i remember. However, I remember it being that you were better off just buying another unit for how much it was.

OP, you basically paid for a worthless piece of equipment. There's no way around it except to try to contact old owner to get it unlocked (if he even has the car that it's locked to still) or you just take the loss and buy a new one.

OP
OP
Brettmx721

Brettmx721

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic si hfp
Country flag
they will unlock it for a fee last time i remember. However, I remember it being that you were better off just buying another unit for how much it was.

OP, you basically paid for a worthless piece of equipment. There's no way around it except to try to contact old owner to get it unlocked (if he even has the car that it's locked to still) or you just take the loss and buy a new one.
Yes ive called hondata and they charge about the same amount to unlock it as to get a whole new tuner..

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Op. Did you purchase it from a forum member? Anyway to recoup the cost? PayPal?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The cost to unlock a flashpro is more than the cost of a brand new ktuner v1.2......go after the dude. hope you paid by paypal goods and services
Sponsored