Hondata kpro

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
A buddy of mine has Hondata kpro for his s2000 and he told me that you could by pass the codes for your engine with this particular software/program. He said this will not effect my engine warranty as long as the codes are erased when you first plug in the ECU and also make sure that during the tune all the codes are taken care of. I just want to know if this is alright to do and if the codes will not come back 100%.
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A buddy of mine has Hondata kpro for his s2000 and he told me that you could by pass the codes for your engine with this particular software/program. He said this will not effect my engine warranty as long as the codes are erased when you first plug in the ECU and also make sure that during the tune all the codes are taken care of. I just want to know if this is alright to do and if the codes will not come back 100%.
KPro is in-ECU, you send in your ECU and hondata adds parts to allow you to modify it. With our cars we use FlashPro, totally different in that it reflashes the oem ECU with no modification. He won't be able to do anything to your car with his system. Hondata hardware is locked to a single VIN# in any case, so only one car at a time.

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
K-Pro
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.

Acura RSX/ Honda Integra
Honda Civic
  • 2001-2005 Civic (DX, LX, HX & EX Manual transmission only D17 engine )
  • 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
  • 2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
  • 2002-2005 Euro CivicType R (PRA ECU)
Honda S2000

• 2000-2005 S2000 (built in adapter harness, requires some modifications to sensors
https://www.hondata.com/kpro

The K-Pro is not compatible with the 10th Gen Civics. You need Honda FlashPro.

FlashPro
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata kpro flashpro_with_obd2_cable-80x80

The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging of late model performance Hondas and Acuras. It includes Windows based software called FlashProManager.

The FlashPro connects from your laptop's USB port to your vehicles diagnostic port to provide live tuning with a variety of calibrations, extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.

https://www.hondata.com/products/flashpro

You can put a different tune/map on your car with the device and return it back to factory settings. I am not sure if Honda has a way to see if the map has been changed though.

OP
OP
JustinXO

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
K-Pro
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.

Acura RSX/ Honda Integra
Honda Civic
  • 2001-2005 Civic (DX, LX, HX & EX Manual transmission only D17 engine )
  • 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
  • 2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
  • 2002-2005 Euro CivicType R (PRA ECU)
Honda S2000

• 2000-2005 S2000 (built in adapter harness, requires some modifications to sensors
https://www.hondata.com/kpro

The K-Pro is not compatible with the 10th Gen Civics. You need Honda FlashPro.

FlashPro
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata kpro flashpro_with_obd2_cable-80x80

The FlashPro allows full user tuning and datalogging of late model performance Hondas and Acuras. It includes Windows based software called FlashProManager.

The FlashPro connects from your laptop's USB port to your vehicles diagnostic port to provide live tuning with a variety of calibrations, extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.

https://www.hondata.com/products/flashpro

You can put a different tune/map on your car with the device and return it back to factory settings. I am not sure if Honda has a way to see if the map has been changed though.
Whom would I bring it to to install?

OP
OP
JustinXO

JustinXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@JustinXO You don't really install it, you plug it into the OBD2 port under your steering wheel and use your laptop to config it.
Yeah, I watched the video but I appreciate the help.
Sponsored