Hondata Jaibreak update

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Just to clarify, this means we do not need to send our ecu anywhere???

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Same price.
2. Yes, it still has to be sent to us. You can do a remote clone where you purchase a new ECU which is cloned to your current ECU, and then you don't have any down time.

s2ktaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '19 Civic Si, '17 Civic EX HB, '09 Civic Si, '01 S2000
Country flag
is there a difference between the 2019 ECUs and earlier ones in terms of fuel maps? I find the 2019 CTRs have no rev hang

Last edited:

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
if i go with the clone option, will i be able to swap the ECUs at any time i want, meaning will both units be usable?

1. Same price.
2. Yes, it still has to be sent to us. You can do a remote clone where you purchase a new ECU which is cloned to your current ECU, and then you don't have any down time.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, both ECUs can be switched at will. If you're asking if Honda can tell that you've swapped ECUs, then yes, there are other ways of determining the ECU has been swapped, like looking at the distance driven since the ECU was powered on.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
thanks again this is very appealing to me then. One more question, would the ecu get reset by disconnecting the battery cable? if so, then it would be a good explanation for Honda techs about the a short traveled distance, wouldnt it?

Yes, both ECUs can be switched at will. If you're asking if Honda can tell that you've swapped ECUs, then yes, there are other ways of determining the ECU has been swapped, like looking at the distance driven since the ECU was powered on.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There probably are other detection methods too. We don't advocate hiding modifications from Honda or Honda dealers. We use two local Honda dealers to install aftermarket parts (turbos, clutches etc) and there is never a problem with warranty of the vehicle.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
thanks again this is very appealing to me then. One more question, would the ecu get reset by disconnecting the battery cable? if so, then it would be a good explanation for Honda techs about the a short traveled distance, wouldnt it?
Honda is no fool. If Honda suspects foul play, they will ask the techs to download the data from the ECU and send it to them. Honda have the capability to see if there is something going on and can deny your warranty work if they deemed that the ecu was the culprit.

FK8TW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Country flag
Hello, I am a Honda master technician, I use the denso dsti to do updates all day. Can I pay for the jailbrake and install it myself? My fk8r is my only transportation and I can't have any down time

FK8TW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Country flag
My instructor who recently retired was Bill Notchbush. He spoke highly of your products and I can't wait to purchase flashpro , I've just been waiting to see if the jailbreaking would be easier for me over time.
Sponsored