Hondata Introduces Reflash for the 2016 Civic 1.5T Turbo

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
EMAIL FROM HONDATA 11/8/2016

No dealer has ever been able to provide a reflash for that vehicle. Currently there is no reflash offered by Hondata for the 2016.

Matt
Hondata Inc.
2840 Columbia St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 782-8278
310.782.6383 FAX
http://www.hondata.com

<When replying please include the full text of previous emails>

*all Hondata products are for race use only

Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:23 PM

To: mailto:[email protected]

Subject: Reflash 2016 Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo

Just wondering if you are still providing reflashes through local dealers, such as procivic, for the 2016 Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo.

Page not found?

https://www.hondata.com/reflash-category/reflash-2016-civic

Thank you

Chris

Hondata Introduces Reflash for the ’16 Civic 1.5T
Engine management software manufacturer reveals new programming available for 1.5L turbo Civics
June 24, 2016

TORRANCE, Calif. (June 24, 2016) — When it comes to performance cars, few things are more important than the connection between driver and vehicle. For engine management software maker Hondata, the continuous pursuit to enhance this connection now includes programming for Honda’s tenth generation Civic.

Today, Hondata is introducing its latest in the line of its well-established programs: the Civic 1.5L turbo reflash, a proprietary software upgrade that enhances performance by 20 to 28 horsepower from 4500 rpm to 6000 rpm while spooling the turbo 500 rpm earlier than stock. Torque is increased too, from 10 to 25 ft-lb throughout the rev range at wide-open throttle.

“The tenth-gen Civic is a fantastic vehicle, and we’re taking it a step further. In this case, we’ve developed a high octane performance tune,” said Doug Macmillan, co-founder of Hondata. “The end result is a peppier, fun-to-drive Honda you will fall in love with again!”

Temple of VTEC’s Jeff Palmer agrees: “Hondata has a long history of delivering top quality reflashes and tuning tools for Honda products over the years. Their reflash for Honda's L15B7 follows that tradition and delivers a fat thumping wallop of eye-opening mid-range torque.”

In addition to the horsepower and torque increase, the reflash generates a four to six psi boost increase from 3000 to 6000 rpm. Furthermore, partial throttle fuel economy is unchanged, minimizing compromises to the customer.

The 2016 Civic Reflash is available for purchase now from authorized Hondata dealers. The price is $295, with the ECU provided by the customer.

Highlights:
  • Available for Civic Coupe and Sedan equipped with the 1.5L turbo engine
  • Turbo spooled 500 rpm earlier
  • 20-28 hp increase from 4500 rpm to 6000 rpm
  • 4 to 6 psi boost increase from 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm
  • Fuel and ignition optimized
  • Partial throttle fuel economy unchanged
  • 91 octane tuned

More information can be found here:
Video: 10th Gen Civic Reflash vs. 9th Gen

Product info, including dyno results:

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
EMAIL FROM HONDATA 11/8/2016

No dealer has ever been able to provide a reflash for that vehicle. Currently there is no reflash offered by Hondata for the 2016.

Matt
Hondata Inc.
2840 Columbia St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 782-8278
310.782.6383 FAX

To: mailto:[email protected]

Just wondering if you are still providing reflashes through local dealers, such as procivic, for the 2016 Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo.

Page not found?

Thank you

Chris
Well technically he's not wrong. The ECU is sent to Hondata and they do the reflash.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well technically he's not wrong. The ECU is sent to Hondata and they do the reflash.
That was from Hondata.

He said:
"Currently there is no reflash offered by Hondata for the 2016"

Matt
Hondata Inc.

I did reply back and asked why procivic was offering a service to send in your ecu to hondata through procivic. No response yet.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys still providing the mail-in to Hondata service through the Procivic website for a reflash of the 2016 1.5L Turbo ECU?

Reason I ask is I emailed Hondata and this was their reply:

Currently there is no reflash offered by Hondata for the 2016.

Matt
Hondata Inc.
2840 Columbia St.
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 782-8278
310.782.6383 FAX

Christopher Liese

To:
mailto:[email protected]

Page not found?

Thank you

Chris

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That was from Hondata.

He said:
"Currently there is no reflash offered by Hondata for the 2016"

Matt
Hondata Inc.

I did reply back and asked why procivic was offering a service to send in your ecu to hondata through procivic. No response yet.

Procivic isn't the only site with it listed. I know I've seen multiple sites with it still up. Hell, K Series Parts just put up an ad on that other 10thgen civic forum this week.

I guess technically he might not be wrong with that response either. They had a reflash available but took it off their site for whatever reason so as is says there currently isn't a reflash for the 2016. He really could have provided a better answer to your inquiry. Ktuner has much better customer service.

The flashpro should be out soon. Hondata was saying early last month that it would be released at the end of October and now they're saying they're working overtime to get it released.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
FlashPro is coming out soon. its probably why they took it down.

Not sure where you saw Hondata say they were releasing in OCT. I had a phone call from Hondata directly and they told me they are aiming for a Nov. release but not giving me a ETA.

I have said this a few times already.

Wait for Flashpro if you want to take it to your tuner. or you want to tune the car yourself. if you know nothing about tuning or have a tuner near by. Currently go with KTuner and his email tunes. He does not offer Dealer tunes yet but maybe soon?

Last edited:

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
FlashPro is coming out soon. its probably why they took it down.

Not sure where you saw Hondata say they were releasing in OCT. I had a phone call from Hondata directly and they told me they are aiming for a Nov. release but not giving me a ETA.

I have said this a few times already.

Wait for Flashpro if you want to take it to your tuner. or you want to tune the car yourself. if you know nothing about tuning or have a tuner near by. Currently go with KTuner and his email tunes. He does not offer Dealer tunes yet but maybe soon?
The other forum, early last month, another member claims to have talked directly to Hondata and they were looking at having it out at the end of the month (October). His claims are as valid as yours.

I'm already a happy ktuner user.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
The other forum, early last month, another member claims to have talked directly to Hondata and they were looking at having it out at the end of the month (October). His claims are as valid as yours.

I'm already a happy ktuner user.
they were at Sema this week and Thanksgiving is coming up.i'm thinking we might not see it until dec. If you look at some of the Sema Civics that are sponsored by hondata. They are running flashpro on it

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the info. My good friend owns Mahdavi MotorSports in Lilburn GA and he is a hondata flash pro dealer. Just waiting for them to post the files to their site so he can DL and install.

Procivic isn't the only site with it listed. I know I've seen multiple sites with it still up. Hell, K Series Parts just put up an ad on that other 10thgen civic forum this week.

I guess technically he might not be wrong with that response either. They had a reflash available but took it off their site for whatever reason so as is says there currently isn't a reflash for the 2016. He really could have provided a better answer to your inquiry. Ktuner has much better customer service.

The flashpro should be out soon. Hondata was saying early last month that it would be released at the end of October and now they're saying they're working overtime to get it released.