18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
What I'm looking for is a 4piston built motor, rampage rs450 turbo, fuel system, 93 pump...make 400-420whp and be done.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm wondering if it will make more power on pump gas with a Turbo upgrade. Will the fuel system be efficient with a bigger Turbo
well, this fuel upgrade isn't going to make more power. It will ONLY make more power if you had to limit boost due to fueling.

On a stock turbo, you typically run out of fuel in the mid range but still have room up top so even if you increase fuel capacity, your only really gaining the power in the mid range.
I am not sure how fueling looks up top with the rampage turbo but if you have to limit boost up top then you can technically increase boost back with a fuel upgrade giving you some more power. How much power depends on how much boost you had to dial down and that would depend on the AFR that you are running also.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well, this fuel upgrade isn't going to make more power. It will ONLY make more power if you had to limit boost due to fueling.

On a stock turbo, you typically run out of fuel in the mid range but still have room up top so even if you increase fuel capacity, your only really gaining the power in the mid range.
I am not sure how fueling looks up top with the rampage turbo but if you have to limit boost up top then you can technically increase boost back with a fuel upgrade giving you some more power. How much power depends on how much boost you had to dial down and that would depend on the AFR that you are running also.
It never hurts to have more fuel as a buffer and prevent maxing out the system.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What I'm looking for is a 4piston built motor, rampage rs450 turbo, fuel system, 93 pump...make 400-420whp and be done.
I'm sure you could get more than that, especially with a built valve train to bump up the RPM.

PRL was making over 450hp with their turbo and just rods and pistons. I believe they achieved that on the stock fueling system. Don't know how lean they had to make it to get there, gotta re read their thread.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It never hurts to have more fuel as a buffer and prevent maxing out the system.
i totally agree with the above but you said more power.

more power is only had if you had to dial down boost to keep the fuel system happy. (which probably would be the case with an upgraded turbo i assume. I see rampage hitting like 27 psi up top when the factory turbo is around 21psi)

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i totally agree with the above but you said more power.

more power is only had if you had to dial down boost to keep the fuel system happy. (which probably would be the case with an upgraded turbo i assume. I see rampage hitting like 27 psi up top when the factory turbo is around 21psi)
Ktuner stage 1 map hits 25...

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sure you could get more than that, especially with a built valve train to bump up the RPM.

PRL was making over 450hp with their turbo and just rods and pistons. I believe they achieved that on the stock fueling system. Don't know how lean they had to make it to get there, gotta re read their thread.
Thats my point i want safe afr's....the abilty to flow more fuel and keep it a little fatter where needed...id be very happy around 400whp...and not maxing out the fuel system.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I believe they had stock bottom end...but used race fuel

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ktuner stage 1 map hits 25...
your ktuner map hits 25psi up top? Up top as in towards the upper rpms. Most tuned stock turbo cars wil hit like 26-27psi then taper down to 21 as you go up in the rpms. I never seen a stock turbo spinning at 25 psi at 6500 rpm.
Thats my point i want safe afr's....the abilty to flow more fuel and keep it a little fatter where needed...id be very happy around 400whp...and not maxing out the fuel system.
if that's what you want then yeah the rampage turbo i believe should get you there.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
your ktuner map hits 25psi up top? Up top as in towards the upper rpms. Most tuned stock turbo cars wil hit like 26-27psi then taper down to 21 as you go up in the rpms. I never seen a stock turbo spinning at 25 psi at 6500 rpm.

if that's what you want then yeah the rampage turbo i believe should get you there.
No its around 22 at 6300 to 6500

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If it happens to make more safely...then thats fine too lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
No its around 22 at 6300 to 6500
yeah thats what i meant. Stock turbo cars have some more room up top because the boost tapers down towards 21 psi while with the rampage it seems to hit 27 so you might run out of fuel even up top with the stock fuel system.
if that's the case more fuel would help. I want the rampage turbo too but just waiting for other people to get it and see datalogs.

If it happens to make more safely...then thats fine too lol
yeah. I just want people to know that a fuel system upgrade is not going to magically make more hp. It'll only make more if you had to dial boost down because of the lack of fuel supply.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah thats what i meant. Stock turbo cars have some more room up top because the boost tapers down towards 21 psi while with the rampage it seems to hit 27 so you might run out of fuel even up top with the stock fuel system.
if that's the case more fuel would help. I want the rampage turbo too but just waiting for other people to get it and see datalogs.

yeah. I just want people to know that a fuel system upgrade is not going to magically make more hp. It'll only make more if you had to dial boost down because of the lack of fuel supply.
I appreciate it...I'm fully aware the fuel system itself wont make power...it will give me a buffer when i run a bigger turbo...and keep things safe.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I plan on only running 93 it's not worth upgrading to your fuel system?
I don't think I can distill my reply down to yes or no.
FAQ says only two calibrations (flex fuel and Full Race turbo) support this upgrade. Technically, one can run straight pump gas on flex fuel calibration but is it worth it?
The FAQ was not quite correct. All calibrations support the new fuel pump, but typically for an existing calibration you'll want to remove the air charge limits which prevent the stock fuel pump from running out of fuel. There are two new calibrations which have the limits removed and I'll probably turn the changes into a modification so it is easy to apply to existing calibrations.
Add ethanol and the fuel pump to a stock engine. Done.
Sponsored