Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I’m no novice. Hondata is the one saying no tuning required, I quoted their post. Would make sense that you would need a tune.
it's just a matter of how people interpret it I guess.
Technically they are right because you just flash their base calibration and no further tuning is required.
But for some of us, no tuning = no flash pro so it becomes confusing which is why they should've specified in the front that instead of saying no tuning, they should've just mentioned that all we need is to flash their calibration and no further adjustments are needed

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
it's just a matter of how people interpret it I guess.
Technically they are right because you just flash their base calibration and no further tuning is required.
But for some of us, no tuning = no flash pro so it becomes confusing which is why they should've specified in the front that instead of saying no tuning, they should've just mentioned that all we need is to flash their calibration and no further adjustments are needed
Agreed.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
It is also states: "No tuning required. Just plug in, fill up and go" ...so to anyone with -0- tuning experience or know how, this would indicate that no tuning is required, including a flashpro tool since a flashpro is in fact tuning the vehicle.

Not arguing the fact, just simply stating what has been said. You don't know what you don't know.
Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but what Hondata meant was "no custom tuning by a professional" required. That is, the software alone takes care of everything. Just install the kit, load an E85 basemap, and go. Technically loading a basemap is "tuning" the vehicle, but in industry speak it is almost never used that way (it instead almost always refers to a hands on process of someone skilled calibrated the ECU parameters).

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
i would try this kit but no E85 any where close to me
you can always order your e85 also known as c85 at vpracing.com you can buy 5 gallons to as much as a 55 gallon drum, delivered to your home or business . c85 is the same as e85 but better , pure cleaner fuel but the same .... for those that ask why is it called c85 and not e85 .,its only because its vp racing label brand. however same thing. i think they cannot use e85 due to the registered trade mark. i could be wrong. but what matters is that u can get some and enjoy this benefit. since your only using a blend , order what u need for the month and you got yourself a fast 1.5t

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I was looking around for better pre-made PTFE lines and came across this company. They make them assorted lengths for a good price! They can be found on ebay or amazon. I didn't see them list it on their web site but I'm sure you can just email them directly for them too. www.graystonesystems.com. You will still need the Russell EFI fittings for the flex fuel sensor and oem fuel line.

6" for $15
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AN-6-6-In-...id-PTFE-Hose-black-straights-NC-/261757045271
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-St...id=1510867759&sr=1-8&keywords=AN-6+16+In+long

16" for $19
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AN-6-16-In...ash=item3aa18a83a7:g:P5EAAOSwk5FUz9ZO&vxp=mtr
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-St...pID=31FdmHcL9TL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Also you can always go the route on making your own line by buying -6an CPE synthetic rubber core lines and -6an fittins

Last edited:

Slowrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Touring Civic
I was looking at the flex fuel upgrade instruction. Can you make a video of the ecu wiring?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I was looking at the flex fuel upgrade instruction. Can you make a video of the ecu wiring?
You just unplug the ECT2 plug on the lower radiator. Either you can splice into the red wire, splice into the ecu pin or make a wire with a pin on it and put it into the plug.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si upload_2017-11-16_20-16-7
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si upload_2017-11-16_20-17-43

I believe I found a plug so it will be plug and play after crimping a cable onto the plug. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail to test it before I link it.

I recommend running your power wire to inside your dash fuse box. There's a spare slot to use an add a circuit fuse. So there's no need to make any cuts on the engine bay fuse box
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si upload_2017-11-16_20-19-37

I will do a full write up with pictures next week

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Last edited:

torr009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C DC5
you can always order your e85 also known as c85 at vpracing.com you can buy 5 gallons to as much as a 55 gallon drum, delivered to your home or business . c85 is the same as e85 but better , pure cleaner fuel but the same .... for those that ask why is it called c85 and not e85 .,its only because its vp racing label brand. however same thing. i think they cannot use e85 due to the registered trade mark. i could be wrong. but what matters is that u can get some and enjoy this benefit. since your only using a blend , order what u need for the month and you got yourself a fast 1.5t

i just checked this out, and its true but negates the cost-effectiveness of pump E85. ~$2.00/gal vs. $10.00/gal you can't daily with that price.

torr009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C DC5
is the factory fuel setup a return style? or is it returnless system? since E85 requires more fuel, the injectors are working harder and also looses fuel pressure if not regulated properly

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
is the factory fuel setup a return style? or is it returnless system? since E85 requires more fuel, the injectors are working harder and also looses fuel pressure if not regulated properly
Returnless.

I'm not aware of any loop style fuel systems that are still made since returnless systems began appearing over 20 years ago.
Sponsored