Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is good news.. How much cost difference compared to regular gas? How might E85 effect fuel economy?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
This is good news.. How much cost difference compared to regular gas? How might E85 effect fuel economy?
Up here it’s between 80 cents - $1.00 cheaper then premium octane. That will give you a idea how much cheaper it is. However fuel economy on E85 is worse. You will not be receiving that good fuel economy of 36-40mpg. If it’s a small blend, it won’t be that bad. But full E85 goes really quick. With this platform you don’t want to use full E85. You can only use blends. This car picks up a lot of power with blends.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
If you are comparing straight gas to E85, E85 takes about 20-30% more fuel to make the same amount of energy so you'll roughly lose 1/3 of your mpg.

If you are blending, it depends on your ethanol content so hard to say. Shouldn't be as bad as running straight E85 though.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been running an e30 blend on my CVT for months and mpg suuuuuuuck, 23-26 mpg, BUT, I take full advantage of my tune and love being in the gas. Let me tell you 40-100 happens fairly quick for what this car was stock. I drive lots of straight 75 mph toll lanes that are empty so lots of fun can be had on them.

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance and possible stupid question, can one add this to an otherwise stock Si no flashing required?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgive my ignorance and possible stupid question, can one add this to an otherwise stock Si no flashing required?
Nope, just buy the flex fuel unit and install and go.

Mod edit: You still need a FlashPro (or Ktuner)

Last edited by a moderator:

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
You need to load or "reflash" on the correct FlashPro basemap before filling up with E85. You just do that once and then you're done...doesn't matter how much E85 you fill up with or when you do it after that initial reflash. The FlashPro software, in combination with the E85 sensor, automatically calculates everything.

The physical parts of the kit, like the fuel lines and E85 sensor, can be installed without the FlashPro, but there is really no point in doing that since the E85 fuel needs the software component to work correctly.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I've answered that in one of the posts here. You NEED to upload the base calibration that matches your ethanol sensor from the flashpro.

they really should've specified that in the initial post since not everyone is going to click on the link or know about engine tuning.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I've answered that in one of the posts here. You NEED to upload the base calibration that matches your ethanol sensor from the flashpro.

they really should've specified that in the initial post since not everyone is going to click on the link or know about engine tuning.
It is also states: "No tuning required. Just plug in, fill up and go" ...so to anyone with -0- tuning experience or know how, this would indicate that no tuning is required, including a flashpro tool since a flashpro is in fact tuning the vehicle.

Not arguing the fact, just simply stating what has been said. You don't know what you don't know.

Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for clarification. I was thinking a flash was required but wasn't sure. Yes, the OP was a little misleading. Now, I off to find out whether or not our ECU has a flash counter?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fake news as this is not the case. You still need a flash pro tool to make this work.

I asked the same thing a few posts back. Sorta misleading if you are a complete novice to engine tuning.
I’m no novice. Hondata is the one saying no tuning required, I quoted their post. Would make sense that you would need a tune.
Sponsored

Reactions: JYR