Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well just be a little more careful if you do plan on putting straight E85 because the cars fueling system might not be enough or be very close to capping out.
The Si's fueling system has ample capacity for E85.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Honest question: Can you change fuel grades mid-pump? Or do you have to close out that transaction and start a new one to switch over?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Honest question: Can you change fuel grades mid-pump? Or do you have to close out that transaction and start a new one to switch over?
No you can't change fuel grades mid pump. Once you pump all the other grades gets blanked out....

If you planning on going to a pump that has both E85 and Pump and hope to add both into one transaction, it doesn't work that way unfortunately.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
So I am going to ask the stupid question because it seems so very simple to do.

In addition to flashpro, you can convert to e85 and gain that much power by simply adding the Ethanol sensor? Or just simply add the ethanol sensor and gain the power, no flash pro necessary?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So I am going to ask the stupid question because it seems so very simple to do.

In addition to flashpro, you can convert to e85 and gain that much power by simply adding the Ethanol sensor? Or just simply add the ethanol sensor and gain the power, no flash pro necessary?
You NEED a tuning software that supports flex fuel along with the ethanol sensor in order to run flex fuel. Higher the ethanol, more fuel that is required to make the same amount of energy as regular pump gas. You need a software to be able to add fuel when you run a higher ethanol content than regular pump gas.

if you want to constantly run E85, you don't even need this ethanol sensor technically. Just a tune for E85. The sensor is there so that the ECU can detect how much ethanol content is in the fuel and adjust your timing/fuel curves accordingly if you want to blend your fuel, or not want to constantly be on e85 all the time.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
A number of Honda dealers offer our +6psi CARB calibration. https://www.hondata.com/us-dealers
I see. I was hoping for a Honda-warranted Hondata calibration.

Also, where does the ethanol sensor connect? Is there a custom harness/adapter that utilizes an unused input on the PCM or does it communicate this information to the PCM over the CAN bus?

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
You NEED a tuning software that supports flex fuel along with the ethanol sensor in order to run flex fuel. Higher the ethanol, more fuel that is required to make the same amount of energy as regular pump gas. You need a software to be able to add fuel when you run a higher ethanol content than regular pump gas.

if you want to constantly run E85, you don't even need this ethanol sensor technically. Just a tune for E85. The sensor is there so that the ECU can detect how much ethanol content is in the fuel and adjust your timing/fuel curves accordingly if you want to blend your fuel, or not want to constantly be on e85 all the time.
Got it. I knew it sounded way too simple.

I played with tuning long ago; chrome primarily. I don't think pump e85 was even a thing at that time. Anyways, I have been out of the 'tuning' scene for quite some time and read:

Unlike manufacturer flex fuel systems, the Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade dynamically adjusts the tuning for peak performance dependent on the ethanol content of the fuel. No tuning required. Just plug in, fill up and go. Gains of 64 hp and 64 lb ft torque over stock are possible for a total of 265 hp and 285 lb-ft torque.

which makes it sound like 'just plug it in, fill up and go'.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Got it. I knew it sounded way too simple.

I played with tuning long ago; chrome primarily. I don't think pump e85 was even a thing at that time. Anyways, I have been out of the 'tuning' scene for quite some time and read:

Unlike manufacturer flex fuel systems, the Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade dynamically adjusts the tuning for peak performance dependent on the ethanol content of the fuel. No tuning required. Just plug in, fill up and go. Gains of 64 hp and 64 lb ft torque over stock are possible for a total of 265 hp and 285 lb-ft torque.

which makes it sound like 'just plug it in, fill up and go'.
you can see it if you click on the link in the first post.
https://www.hondata.com/downloads/flex_fuel_upgrade_instructions.pdf

i think what they mean is, you add the ethanol content sensor, upload the base calibration that matches your ethanol sensor and be on your way. No need for you to go to a tuner to have your car tuned.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
I am curious if the TypeR is going to get something like this as well?!?!?!
I'm getting jealous of all the 1.5t stuff out. Owning the R and not having access to a tuning solution. I hope Hondata can crack the R ecu soon.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I'm getting jealous of all the 1.5t stuff out. Owning the R and not having access to a tuning solution. I hope Hondata can crack the R ecu soon.
It’s already cracked. They already have software for it. It’s not available to the public yet.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
It’s already cracked. They already have software for it. It’s not available to the public yet.
Good to know! I had heard rumors, it might be rdy in a few months. Can't wait, thanks!
Sponsored