Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si

Sklizo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
If you are worried then put the stock line back on. You can get a new one for $25
I agree with you, but I feel safer just being covered. That's why I'm choosing Hondata if my dealership offers it.
Sponsored

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i still cant figure out how this very simple mod adds HP while still using the gas you already been using

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i still cant figure out how this very simple mod adds HP while still using the gas you already been using
It doesn’t, it requires fuel with a higher ethanol content than standard pump gas.

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
e85 have an octane rating of 105-110 depends on the brand

$2.99 a gallon for a 105 is very cheap
a pump 100 octane in socal is average $9.99 a gallon

higher the octane, higher the flashpoint, that means it's harder to engine knock, with that, you can advance the timing more to generate more power without worry about blowing your engine due to engine knock.

fuel will not give you power, it's the ability to resist rise temperature during compression stroke, this give ecu tuner room to add timing to the tune.

the only concern for e85 is it's very corrosive.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Simply amazing how simple it is to gain so much power. I'm willing to bet with sticky tires and this modification, our Si will be able to hang with Type Rs at the track.

Oh, and for those of you who want an even easier installation of this E85 system, we'll be coming out with a very reasonably priced, fully pre-assembled kit pretty soon. :thumbsup:

tehyahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It doesn’t, it requires fuel with a higher ethanol content than standard pump gas.
so if it already takes premium gas (91 Octane) then Ill need some super fuel to do what this is talking about? Ill have to go to special pumps?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
so if it already takes premium gas (91 Octane) then Ill need some super fuel to do what this is talking about? sorry dont know much.
most pump gas contains up to 10% ethanol.
E85 is 85% ethanol. It has a much higher ethanol content. I'm sure you have seen E85 pumps around.

E85 is more resistant to knock due to it having a higher octane rating. Higher octane rating means you are able to run more timing to gain more power without pre detonation.
However you need more E85 fuel to make the same amount of energy as pump gas which is why you need a tune to add more fuel in order to run E85.

What flex fuel allows you to do is run 91 octane or E85 or a mix of both. The ECU will automatically adjust fuel/timing curve depending on what % of ethanol that the sensor you add sees.

tehyahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
most pump gas contains up to 10% ethanol.
E85 is 85% ethanol. It has a much higher ethanol content. I'm sure you have seen E85 pumps around.

E85 is more resistant to knock due to it having a higher octane rating. Higher octane rating means you are able to run more timing to gain more power without pre detonation.
However you need more E85 fuel to make the same amount of energy as pump gas which is why you need a tune to add more fuel in order to run E85.

What flex fuel allows you to do is run 91 octane or E85 or a mix of both. The ECU will automatically adjust fuel/timing curve depending on what % of ethanol that the sensor you add sees.
ohhhh so i can do this and only get the extra boost when i actually put in the e85. pretty cool. thanks for the info

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i thought 20-30% ethanol has peak effect because of the charge cooling, and anything much above this is unnecessary?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
ohhhh so i can do this and only get the extra boost when i actually put in the e85. pretty cool. thanks for the info
well just be a little more careful if you do plan on putting straight E85 because the cars fueling system might not be enough or be very close to capping out.

Vit has recommended a E30 blend which is 30% ethanol. IIRC its 3/4 tank 91, 1/4 tank E85. If you didn't have flex fuel and was tuned on a E30 blend, you would HAVE to run that ethanol percentage every single time or else the cars fuel/timing curve will be off. With flex fuel however, you don't have to be exactly at E30 and the car will automatically adjust itself with however much Ethanol content you have.
Sponsored