First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So turns out I messed up and flashed the +6 PSI with E85 IGN @100% not the 9+psi with copy and paste E85. Re flashed with the copy and pasted +9 but it feels weaker than the 6+psi!?! I don't know what I'm doing so I want to get a professional tune. Can anyone recommend a good tuner? Unfortunately it can't be Vit Viper because he responded to me by email saying he is not interested in tuning Hondata on the 10th gen. I've spent too much money on the flashpro and SiriMoto E85 kit to try and convert to ktuner now so I need some other tuner options. Depression is setting in, any help/advice is welcomed
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So turns out I messed up and flashed the +6 PSI with E85 IGN @100% not the 9+psi with copy and paste E85. Re flashed with the copy and pasted +9 but it feels weaker than the 6+psi!?! I don't know what I'm doing so I want to get a professional tune. Can anyone recommend a good tuner? Unfortunately it can't be Vit Viper because he responded to me by email saying he is not interested in tuning Hondata on the 10th gen. I've spent too much money on the flashpro and SiriMoto E85 kit to try and convert to ktuner now so I need some other tuner options. Depression is setting in, any help/advice is welcomed
Like i mentioned before, you cant just adjust settings without datalogging to see what's going on.

You have an aftermarket clutch?

Derek at Innovative Motorworks

Last edited:

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like i mentioned before, you cant just adjust settings without datalogging to see what's going on.

I did a datalog but don't know what to look for. I'm just running the 6+psi ethanol base map now. And yes I have a FX300 clutch. Im definitely not skilled enough to tune on my own. Best if I just get it professionally done.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Thanks for your help. I'm bad on computers, I kill bugs for a living lol. And I'll check out shue.
@D-RobIMW (Derek from IMW) I'm sure he could do a E-tune and he's a 10th gen Si owner too. I would pm/email him if you don't want to drive to a dyno. [email protected]

I been to his shop a few times and gotten my previous cars tuned at his shop

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
@D-RobIMW (Derek from IMW) I'm sure he could do a E-tune and he's a 10th gen Si owner too. I would pm/email him if you don't want to drive to a dyno. [email protected]

I been to his shop a few times and gotten my previous cars tuned at his shop
I sure can! I actually PM'd this gentleman a few days ago. :)

Side note: Who are you, dc2turbo?

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sure can! I actually PM'd this gentleman a few days ago. :)

Side note: Who are you, dc2turbo?
Thank you so much for offering your services. I'm currently working with someone on a custom tune. I will definitely keep you in mind if for some reason it doesn't work out but so far so good.

AC1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport 6MT
I have few question I hope some smart person here can answer me. the flex fuel sensor, has 2 wire output, temperature of fuel, and ethanol% thru (0~5v analog output). But, only the ethanol% wire is need to hook up to the connector at the low-side of radiator ECT plug, what about the other wire with temperature of fuel data, is it not needed? Also, since that the connector originally connect to the radiator low-side is now hi-jack by the flex fuel data,
then how did ECU collect radiator temperature info since original plug no longer connect to radiator? pls advise.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I have few question I hope some smart person here can answer me. the flex fuel sensor, has 2 wire output, temperature of fuel, and ethanol% thru (0~5v analog output). But, only the ethanol% wire is need to hook up to the connector at the low-side of radiator ECT plug, what about the other wire with temperature of fuel data, is it not needed? Also, since that the connector originally connect to the radiator low-side is now hi-jack by the flex fuel data,
then how did ECU collect radiator temperature info since original plug no longer connect to radiator? pls advise.
The ecu reads off ECT1 (sensor is on the head) and does adjustment base on ECT1. fuel temp is not necessary

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The ecu reads off ECT1 (sensor is on the head) and does adjustment base on ECT1. fuel temp is not necessary
ECT2 must serve some important/useful purpose. Otherwise, it wouldn't be there. Manufacturers don't add extra wiring and sensors "just because". :)

If the ECU is reprogrammed so that the reading for ECT2 becomes a duplicate of ECT1, then something is no longer operating as Honda intended whether it's the point at which the cooling fan operates, delaying the HVAC blower until the coolant temperature high enough, allowing for redundancy in the event of a failure of ECT1 or a discrepancy in the readings, or some other reason.

Reactions: AC1

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
ECT2 must serve some important/useful purpose. Otherwise, it wouldn't be there. Manufacturers don't add extra wiring and sensors "just because". :)

If the ECU is reprogrammed so that the reading for ECT2 becomes a duplicate of ECT1, then something is no longer operating as Honda intended whether it's the point at which the cooling fan operates, delaying the HVAC blower until the coolant temperature high enough, allowing for redundancy in the event of a failure of ECT1 or a discrepancy in the readings, or some other reason.
ECT2 exists to monitor the function of the thermostat. In factory form, the radiator fan is controlled by the ECT2 in most Honda's as well.

Disabling normal function of the ECT2 sensor disables the thermostat temperature check, therefore defaulting to the primary ECT1 sensor to determine engine temperature to cycle the fans (which usually makes the fans come on a little sooner in my experience, but that's not a bad thing in most cases). The ECT1 sensor is located on the cylinder head and is a more accurate representation of engine temperature than the ECT2 on the radiator.

Disabling ECT2 has been common practice on the older platforms for quite some time with no adverse effects.

AC1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport 6MT
ECT2 exists to monitor the function of the thermostat. In factory form, the radiator fan is controlled by the ECT2 in most Honda's as well.

Disabling normal function of the ECT2 sensor disables the thermostat temperature check, therefore defaulting to the primary ECT1 sensor to determine engine temperature to cycle the fans (which usually makes the fans come on a little sooner in my experience, but that's not a bad thing in most cases). The ECT1 sensor is located on the cylinder head and is a more accurate representation of engine temperature than the ECT2 on the radiator.

Disabling ECT2 has been common practice on the older platforms for quite some time with no adverse effects.
Thanks DC2Turbo, ZRoger73, D-RobiMW for sharing the knowledge.
I have one more question, in this install, It looks the analyizer, or the fuel ratio gauge needs to route to interior cabin, as results, wire needs to punch thru the firewall grommet. Is there an alternate method, provided that I've already identified the ACC+12v wire under the hood to connect to the flex fuel sensor. Is there an android app such as Torque Lite, that can read OBDII data thru Bluetooth OBDII scanner, so I can monitor E85% thru my android phone only per needed basis? I believe hondata flashpro might have an android app to do that thru Bluetooth. but I try avoid to connect Hondata flashpro to the OBD2 all the time. so I am looking for 3rd party app, if it exist. Pls advise me again. thanks a million.