dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
CVT datalog on flex fuel E35 self tuned
decent power gains at the top for CVT users
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si upload_2017-12-20_14-42-15

Below is 93 octane adding 1 - 1.5 IGN to the table
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si upload_2017-12-20_17-46-48

With some ethanol, I'm able to add a bit more timing without the K.Control spiking up. 93 octane getting around 2 IGN during WOT. E85 blend - Getting around 8-10 IGN. I'm sure I could run more but I will take it easy on the CVT

Last edited:

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
CVT datalog on flex fuel E35 self tuned
decent power gains at the top for CVT users
upload_2017-12-20_14-42-15.png

Below is 93 octane adding 1 - 1.5 IGN to the table
upload_2017-12-20_17-46-48.png

With some ethanol, I'm able to add a bit more timing without the K.Control spiking up. 93 octane getting around 2 IGN during WOT. E85 blend - Getting around 8-10 IGN. I'm sure I could run more but I will take it easy on the CVT
Nice, 9 degrees of timing is pretty amazing on this car! Of course you could add more timing but if it's too much, K.Control will eventually take it back down.

What do you have your CVT torque limits set at in FlashPro Manager?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Nice, 9 degrees of timing is pretty amazing on this car! Of course you could add more timing but if it's too much, K.Control will eventually take it back down.

What do you have your CVT torque limits set at in FlashPro Manager?
@360glitch is running around 10-12 IGN 24-25psi on his 1.5t 6MT with a upgraded clutch

This is my current TQ table setup. Pretty sure if you set it to all 300, it will be able to handle it
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flex Fuel upgrade - 265 hp and 285 lb-ft on a stock Si upload_2017-12-20_20-14-55

View attachment 78251

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
@Hondata Where's the +9 psi E85 tune at?
just copy the boost tables from the +9 calibration over to the +6 ethanol or use a +9 calibration and copy the ethanol settings from the +6 ethanol calibration....

if you didnt upgrade the clutch, I wouldn't do this

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Hondata Where's the +9 psi E85 tune at?
On the newest Beta FlashPro Manager I'm pretty sure I saw a +9 PSI E85 basemap for the non-Si Civics. :)

Seems like more basemap choices are on their way. On a side note I'm not sure if we should really be calling them "basemaps" because they are really well done and close to optimal for this new Civic. On our race Civics we don't really need to adjust them too much.

Last edited:

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Wow, those are high torque limits. Have you had any issues?
nope, I have been running those TQ tables since July. Also just cause I have it set at that amount, it doesn't mean I'm going near it. Pretty sure if I change the 400 nM to 300, It will still hit my target boost/IGN with no problem. Hondata spool rate is very conservative on the CVT. Also I limit my boost below 4000 rpm to avoid the peak TQ

I also don't go flooring it from light to light or doing high speed runs. The only time I really do those is when I'm tuning the car.

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nope, I have been running those TQ tables since July. Also just cause I have it set at that amount, it doesn't mean I'm going near it. Pretty sure if I change the 400 nM to 300, It will still hit my target boost/IGN with no problem. Hondata spool rate is very conservative on the CVT. Also I limit my boost below 4000 rpm to avoid the peak TQ
It would be neat if we could track the torque value on the datalog graphs. Maybe it's already there and I'm missing it, but I don't think I've heard of anyone doing such.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I also don't go flooring it from light to light or doing high speed runs. The only time I really do those is when I'm tuning the car.
Good strategy. It really does seem to be the fast spool with high low end torque that hammers the CVT.

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just copy the boost tables from the +9 calibration over to the +6 ethanol or use a +9 calibration and copy the ethanol settings from the +6 ethanol calibration....

if you didnt upgrade the clutch, I wouldn't do this
So I decided to copy the ethanol settings to the +9 calibration. Can't really tell a difference. Guess I need a professional tune and or learn how to read datalog's. My 17' Si is the first car I've used Hondata on and don't know anything about tuning. One thing I do know is I need better tires because the +6 w/ethanol and the +9 w/ethanol(copy and paste) maps make it to where I have almost no traction in 2nd gear.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So I decided to copy the ethanol settings to the +9 calibration. Can't really tell a difference. Guess I need a professional tune and or learn how to read datalog's. My 17' Si is the first car I've used Hondata on and don't know anything about tuning. One thing I do know is I need better tires because the +6 w/ethanol and the +9 w/ethanol(copy and paste) maps make it to where I have almost no traction in 2nd gear.
how much ethanol are you running? do you have any datalogs? if so post it here. you will need to zip it up

imo change the ethanol IGN multiplier to 80-100% above E30. the basemap has it set really low if you are on a blend

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how much ethanol are you running? do you have any datalogs? if so post it here. you will need to zip it up

imo change the ethanol IGN multiplier to 80-100% above E30. the basemap has it set really low if you are on a blend
I'm currently running e45.6

Did as you said and IGN is at 100% from e40 and up. Beast mode activated. Also re-installed my Boomba rear motor mount(had taken it off because of vibration during take off in 1st gear) and wheel hop is gone. Thanks for your help via private message.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I'm currently running e45.6

Did as you said and IGN is at 100% from e40 and up. Beast mode activated. Also re-installed my Boomba rear motor mount(had taken it off because of vibration during take off in 1st gear) and wheel hop is gone. Thanks for your help via private message.
As you make any adjustment, you should be datalogging to make sure everything looks good.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As you make any adjustment, you should be datalogging to make sure everything looks good.
Yes, definitely do this and make sure K Control does not get up too high after repeated pulls. Remember the Hondata E85 basemaps are conservative and will account for sensor inaccuracy and other things. In your case, it might be perfectly fine to up IGN to 100% @ E40, but just datalog to make sure.
Sponsored