Hondata FlashPro (w/e85) or Ktuner v2 (w/TSP Stage 1 Tune)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i read that 2018 can't do the head unit hack yet.

ktuner can enable flex fuel but not with the TSP/drob tune
again a TSP tune is different from a hondata basemap. Ktuner basemaps can enable flex fuel as well. that would be a better comparison. Are you a non si? cvt? not sure what car you are trying to tune. anyhow, the 18/19 hack has been out. here is the instructions straight from Ktuner Tuner View Lite help section :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata FlashPro (w/e85) or Ktuner v2 (w/TSP Stage 1 Tune) upload_2019-8-16_10-36-51
Sponsored

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
again a TSP tune is different from a hondata basemap. Ktuner basemaps can enable flex fuel as well. that would be a better comparison. Are you a non si? cvt? not sure what car you are trying to tune. anyhow, the 18/19 hack has been out. here is the instructions straight from Ktuner Tuner View Lite help section :)
upload_2019-8-16_10-36-51.png
I am not trying to debate Hondata vs KTuner, again. more of - e85 vs stage 1 tune. sorry for the confusion. anyways, some people are saying e40 or below for this car

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not trying to debate Hondata vs KTuner, again. more of - e85 vs stage 1 tune. sorry for the confusion. anyways, some people are saying e40 or below for this car
Im not trying to debate at all my man, Im just saying you should compare equal tunes across platforms. ie ethanol vs ethanol or 93 v 93 is all. And yes, e40 is about the max you want to run on these cars to keep the fuel systems happy.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I guess some people are confused then as to what it is you're looking for.

You can get both Flex Fuel and the TSP tune on both Hondata and KTuner. And both platforms will require an extra piece of hardware and a specific tune to run ethanol.

Is your question, more simply put, just Flex Fuel tune vs. TSP Stage 1?

And yes, 40% ethanol seems to be the optimal mix.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess some people are confused then as to what it is you're looking for.

You can get both Flex Fuel and the TSP tune on both Hondata and KTuner. And both platforms will require an extra piece of hardware and a specific tune to run ethanol.

Is your question, more simply put, just Flex Fuel tune vs. TSP Stage 1?

And yes, 40% ethanol seems to be the optimal mix.
this, I'm just as confused now as I was when I first commented. Really just trying to help him make an informed decision without throwing my personal opinion on which platform he should choose into the conversation.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
which route to choose:

Hondata w/ flex fuel kit claim 'Gains of 60+ hp and 60+ lb-ft of torque with just a Hondata Base Map'

or

Ktuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune 'peak gains of 32whp and 58ft lbs of torque over the factory calibration'
Depends on how accessible is E85 at your location. If you’ve to drive more than 10 miles just to blend E40, just stick with pump gas and save the hassle. In that case, do a coin flip to choose your tuning hardware; both are fine.

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
there is options to get stage 2 tune with e85 from the website Hondata suggested on page one of this thread

or

TSP stage 1 tune and no e85

i mod slowly so custom tune wouldnt be worth it til further along. i buy engine management for the first mod.

e85 is supposed to be one of the better mods but if you are limited to e40 i dont know if that still holds true.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there is options to get stage 2 tune with e85 from the website Hondata suggested on page one of this thread

or

i mod slowly so custom tune wouldnt be worth it til further along. i buy engine management for the first mod.

e85 is supposed to be one of the better mods but if you are limited to e40 i dont know if that still holds true.
Have you discovered the flex fuel kit?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/civic-1-5-turbo-e85-flex-fuel-kit-by-sirimoto.19717/

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

or

what civic do you have? is it si, or manual or cvt?

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

or

Nobody is getting their power metrics from straight E85. Everything you're seeing numbers on is a blend.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

or

Ok so an ethanol enabled basemap is available from both hondata and Ktuner with no extra charge. You will need a flex fuel kit (~400$) to run either of the ethanol maps properly.

As for tsp stage 1(also available on both) vs ethanol base maps they probably make about the same power. Tsp stage 1 is more aggressive than the basemaps but having ethanol will give you similar or maybe more power while still not having aggressive tuning. I would do the ethanol base maps if you’re able to. If you don’t want to buy the flex fuel kit then I’d order a Ktuner from tsp website and get the stage 1 for free with it. I’m not sure if they offer stage 1 free with hondata also but they probably do if you email them, I didn’t see an option for it on the website tho.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As for tsp stage 1(also available on both) vs ethanol base maps they probably make about the same power.
Agreed. Dynos were combined and provided for comparison. There is little difference between the Ktuner 23# basemap with the ethanol enable vs TSP Stage 1. There's room to grow with using ethanol however... while TSP Stage 1 is as hot as you can get on a reflash from all I've seen on 93 octane w/o getting an etune/dyno tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata FlashPro (w/e85) or Ktuner v2 (w/TSP Stage 1 Tune) TSP1vs23psiFlex

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
can you switch tunes with hondata app or do you need a laptop

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
Agreed. Dynos were combined and provided for comparison. There is little difference between the Ktuner 23# basemap with the ethanol enable vs TSP Stage 1. There's room to grow with using ethanol however... while TSP Stage 1 is as hot as you can get on a reflash from all I've seen on 93 octane w/o getting an etune/dyno tune.

TSP1vs23psiFlex.jpg
what do you mean 'room to grow using ethanol'?
Sponsored