Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's slightly more complicated than that but you will be able to return to stock for testing etc.

We have not set the price yet.

Sorry if these are not definitive answers but we are still two months away from release.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
How long of a downtime am I looking at if I bring the ecu to you?

Since I live in the same city, would I be able to drive it to your location and drive back with the modification applied the same day?

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
A couple things I guess -
I wouldn't have to blend it myself which isn't a huge deal...but I'd have to visit 2 gas stations in order to get 5 gallons of E85 and 5 gallons of 93 since our ethanol stations have good E but bad normal gas.
Here, E-85 is at least a full $1 less than premium fuel, so even adjusting consumption to $/mile, it's cheaper to run Ethanol.
Additionally, it seems like running full E85 gives the full benefit of the fuel. that a blend only gives half of. I know you need to flow about 35% more of it, but the resistance to detonation only gets better the more of it there is. The amount of cooling of the charge air increases of course as you get closer to the full E85. I feel like we did the calculation in my internal combustion engines class and found the charge air to be 60°F cooler when using E85 vs gasoline. Who knows- our formula could be flawed.

It's also fun to use a renewable fuel source...even though it's not really any better for the environment overall.

I ran E85 in my NA Si and got 12hp from fuel. I never tried to blend it down but I assume it would be fairly linear down to E-10 premium.
The DSM guys always said full E85 in EVO's and a boost controller was good for about 400hp.

I could be completely wrong (Vit seems to have proven this) but I always thought full E85 was a case of more-the-merrier.
The price of the fuel here is also very affordable almost $1.20 cheaper in the summer. We have tons of stations here with both so that's not a concern on my end. I've run E85 or Flex fuel in my last 3 vehicles and have always been a huge advocate for its use. From my experience there are diminshing returns afer going over E60 and under E35. It can be described as linear in that range but not above or below it. The biggest thing I can point out in reference to what you said above is, the gains of E50 are more like 80% of E85, definitely not half. The gas mileage drops off dramatically and the amount of timing and fuel adjustment is incremental at best over E60. Plus High Pressure fuel pumps HATE high concentrations of ethanol.

Why do I love ethanol? My DIT WRX put down 235WHP/260WTQ stock. It put down 311WHP/340WTQ on E60. Same Dyno, Same Day. Bone Stock.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
It's slightly more complicated than that but you will be able to return to stock for testing etc.

We have not set the price yet.

Sorry if these are not definitive answers but we are still two months away from release.
Well that's more than I got through email... Lol.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I live in the same city, would I be able to drive it to your location and drive back with the modification applied the same day?
Generally we don't take walk ins. Contact us closer to release date.

Prepping the ECU is time consuming so we're going to be limited to how many we can do per day. We'll manage how many orders we take at once, but given that there can be a delay in ordering from our dealers and the ECUs arriving, it might be a couple of days. With everything else (KPros, S300) we can do same day service but I don't think we'll be able to for the FK8.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Tired of this tune vs tune fanboy behavior. All off-topic (not related only to FlashPro) will be removed (and infracted if posted by the same users).
Can you enlighten me what we should be avoiding?

I'm not sure if I missed something

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Generally we don't take walk ins. Contact us closer to release date.

Prepping the ECU is time consuming so we're going to be limited to how many we can do per day. We'll manage how many orders we take at once, but given that there can be a delay in ordering from our dealers and the ECUs arriving, it might be a couple of days. With everything else (KPros, S300) we can do same day service but I don't think we'll be able to for the FK8.
Can you give us a ball park estimate on cost for your modification to the ECU? will it be more than $1,000?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, we have not determined the price.
Fyi, Might want to talk to your vendor kseriesparts...they have had this out there for a month

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!! 5F67F252-B36F-4002-BFA8-BA94662F56A3

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Removing the Bosch 'tuning protection' so it can be programmed via the OBDII port.

It is too early to give numbers. It also depends how far you want to push the EGTs with risk of damaging the turbo / cat and how much you want to push your fuel pump.
@Hondata you in the past have been known for releasing “safe tune’s” that up the performance but don’t necessarily hurt the reliability of the car. Obviously when you up the performance you decrease it but what would be looking at as a “safe tune” or reliable tune for power?

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fyi, Might want to talk to your vendor kseriesparts...they have had this out there for a month

5F67F252-B36F-4002-BFA8-BA94662F56A3.png
Hondata is refering to the price of modifying the ECU. The flashpro device price is already set.

zcEF

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I believe they've had that up since last year. It was floating around the forum and the Facebook pages a lot.

5F67F252-B36F-4002-BFA8-BA94662F56A3.png

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
>> Expected power gains.
Sorry, still can't provide an answer to that.
>> Price
We'll probably just roll it into one price to make it simpler.
Thanks for being such a trooper. I know you're very limited on what you can and can't say specially being so far off from release date. But you're being very polite and courteous. Kudos.
Sponsored