Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ordered my flashpro Friday, can't friggin wait. There's a shop near where I'm currently working that can jailbreak the ecu without having to send it to hondata. They claim to be one of the few that can do that. When I was there talking, someone had a white fk8 like mine on the dyno, guy behind the counter said he had pretty much the same mods as me. When I came in the next day I asked him what he got and he said 352hp. (Not sure if that's wheel) that seems kinda low to me considering the 93 octane tune alone adds 47hp.

What could I expect to get with a mishimoto intake, PRL intercooler, PRL catted downpipe, invidia r400 exhaust on 93 octane (10%e)

Ideally I would like to get 375. IAT should be decent with the PRL intercooler, turbo blanket. And having the turbo inlet pipe and front pipe of the exhaust wrapped.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ordered my flashpro Friday, can't friggin wait. There's a shop near where I'm currently working that can jailbreak the ecu without having to send it to hondata. They claim to be one of the few that can do that. When I was there talking, someone had a white fk8 like mine on the dyno, guy behind the counter said he had pretty much the same mods as me. When I came in the next day I asked him what he got and he said 352hp. (Not sure if that's wheel) that seems kinda low to me considering the 93 octane tune alone adds 47hp.

What could I expect to get with a mishimoto intake, PRL intercooler, PRL catted downpipe, invidia r400 exhaust on 93 octane (10%e)

Ideally I would like to get 375. IAT should be decent with the PRL intercooler, turbo blanket. And having the turbo inlet pipe and front pipe of the exhaust wrapped.
Most of those parts won't get you much for power but they are way more efficient then the stock parts and if your doing back to back pulls you will notice that with the intercooler and heat wrap. 90% of the power gains will still be from the tune. If I had to guess you would land between 360-370. There was a guy on here with a build thread made 367 I believe with a custom dyno tune on ktuner.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

keep in mind, not all dynos read the same. the most important part is to be able to have a baseline on the same dyno done so you can observe the gains you made.

A custom tune will probably get you near 375 hp.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! This guy seems to have a similar setup and the results I'm looking for.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/type...-wtq-products-review-prl-remus-ptp-usr.30111/

I need to start reading up on what parameters to change. I swapped out all the parts I have now myself, so I plan on tuning it as well. By that I mean taking their 93 tune that best fits and adjusting it a tiny bit. I know more boost makes more heat and is adjusted through the cars torque targets. Would probably have to change the timing as well. Going to start at their map, get a feel for it, then start adjusting a thing or two one at a time. Honestly probably won't do too much.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

https://www.civicx.com/threads/type...-wtq-products-review-prl-remus-ptp-usr.30111/

I need to start reading up on what parameters to change. I swapped out all the parts I have now myself, so I plan on tuning it as well. By that I mean taking their 93 tune that best fits and adjusting it a tiny bit. I know more boost makes more heat and is adjusted through the cars torque targets. Would probably have to change the timing as well. Going to start at their map, get a feel for it, then start adjusting a thing or two one at a time. Honestly probably won't do too much.
again, don't chase a dyno number. look at the gains. get a baseline on the stock tune and use the same dyno after the tune. Gains are what matter.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

that is basically what i did. Took their base maps and fine tuned it to my liking.
It will hold me off until i get a real custom tune.

Every dyno will read different so do not get so hung up on numbers. I would get a base line at one place and get another dyno after you tune it at the same place. That will show you the gains. It's pointless if you get it dynoed at a difference place because they all read different.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that is basically what i did. Took their base maps and fine tuned it to my liking.
It will hold me off until i get a real custom tune.

Every dyno will read different so do not get so hung up on numbers. I would get a base line at one place and get another dyno after you tune it at the same place. That will show you the gains. It's pointless if you get it dynoed at a difference place because they all read different.
Good deal. I'm not going to dyno right away, need to save up for a wheel and tire setup. Yeah it's not the best way but I'll have something to play with in the meantime.

Ryden1315

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Question for you guys. I know the two step and antilag says not to use with catted down pipe. Does that include anything catted or just the downpipe ?

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Question for you guys. I know the two step and antilag says not to use with catted down pipe. Does that include anything catted or just the downpipe ?
2step is not good for the stock bottom end or the turbo. Don't bother turning it on.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
TC in 8 Celsius and lower is hilarious.

Can be jarring at times with the way it sounds with constant power changes lol